8. The Key to Conversation

Chapter Eight

I woke up the next morning stiff, sore but happy. Extremely happy. Extremely happy and satisfied. Something I hadn't been before I met Edward.

I rolled over to find the bed empty beside me and I frowned. Happy mood gone. I thought sitting up and wrapping a sheet around me.

"Morning Love." Edward said walking into the room a towel wrapped around his waist and his hair wet.

"Morning." I answered as he walked over to me; he kissed me on the forehead before sitting down beside me.

"How are you feeling this morning?" he asked pulling a pair of underwear out of his drawer.

"I haven't ..." I began, but speak of the devil, or attempt to in anyway and the devil shall appear. "Oh you are so grounded once you're born." I said pointing to my stomach as the wave of nausea hit me.

"Just like that huh?" Edward asked standing up and walking to the closet.

"Oh shut up." I muttered standing out of the bed, my foot killing me as I did.

"Why do they call it morning sickness when it lasts all day?" Edward called from the closet.

"I don't know. Wait what time is it?" I yelled back, seeing as we had the lunch at his parent at two.

"One Love." Edward answered reappearing buttoning up his shirt.

"Please tell me you brought my dress that was on top of my bag." I said not remembering seeing him with it.

"No, why?" he asked pulling out his dress pants.

Oh shit. Okay shit, shit, and shit... shitty shit, shit. Did I say shit? In case I didn't SHIT!

"What's wrong?"

"Okay new plan." I said thinking this over in my head. "I get in the shower and you go over to my apartment and get my dress." I said slapping my hand over my eyes.

"Oh Alice gave you an outfit." Edward said nodding.

"Yes, now come on. I have one hour to puke, get showered, possibly puke again, dry my hair, get dressed, make my face look like I haven't puked twice and then make the half an hour drive to your parent's house now come on." I said clapping my hands together and dropping the sheet.

"Not fair Bella." Edward called after me.

"Oh yeah because last time I checked you had to push the baby out your misters." I said sticking my head out the door.

"Where are your keys?" he asked changing th subject.

"You had them last." I answered.

"Okay." He said sounding normal again. Too normal.

"What happened?" I asked my head reappearing outside the door, when I looked at his face he looked fairly apologetic.

"I think I may have left your keys in your apartment door."

"When you say you think do you mean, 'there's a chance there in the car.'or 'Bella your apartment has probably been ransacked for goods worth of any value and there is a hobo asleep in your room, where your bed used to be.'?" I asked.

"I doubt there's a hobo." Edward said pulling on his shoes.

"Edward! How could you be so irresponsible?" I yelled running slash limping out of the bathroom. "Shit where is my bag?"

He reached behind the door and handed it to me.

"I'll call Mom then." He said grabbing the phone. He face looked so upset but right now I really was too upset to deal with him.