42. Think of Something

"So you're sure you don't mind staying here instead watching them at your place?" I asked Esme who shook her head.

"Bella why would I take them out of their comfort zone? Carlisle will be over after his shifts at the hospital. You two go and have a good weekend. Just forget everything."

"Okay." I said as Edward came back in the door.

"I will carry you to the car if you don't stop worrying." He stated coming over and kissing his Mom on the cheek "Thank you for watching them Mom." He said.

"Thanks a million Esme." I said and she nodded.

"Now go on. You've checked on them, you've said your byes and all now just go." She said and I smiled.

"Bye Mom." Edward said as I turned to leave the house.

"Bye Esme." I said "I just wanna check..." I added turning around when I found myself being lifted up off the ground.

"I warned you." Edward said as he put me into the passenger seat of the car.

"Fine. Okay lets go." I said as we pulled out of the driveway. I leaned over and kissed his cheek. "Baby?" I asked.

"Yes Love?" he asked in return.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll find out when we get there."

"If I wanted I could call the Police and say you've kidnapped me." I retorted.

"Really?"

"Yeah you carried me out of my home and put me into a car before driving me to some undisclosed location. In fact I could say you even brought me unknowingly over state and country lines." I said matter of factly.

"But you've enjoyed all of these trips so far right?" he asked and I nodded. "My husband surprised me with a weekend away, or my new husband brought me to an exotic Private Island for our honeymoon. Not the greatest way of describing a kidnapping."

"Fine." I huffed sitting back in my seat. I hooked my IPod into the cars speakers and turned on my last playlist.

"What is it with you and Michael Buble?" Edward asked me.

"I think he has a nice relaxing calming voice." I said. "A better question is what with you and Michael Buble?"

"He looks like a rat." Edward said as he got in the lane to get out of the city.

"That's got nothing to do with his singing." I said.

"But if you imagine a rat singing while you listen to him it takes away all the enjoyment." Edward explained.

"For someone within the music business you've got a pretty idiotic way of grading performers."

"You say idiotic but it's not really." Edward said and I picked up the IPOD and scrolled through the listings. I was flicking through random songs when Edward put his hand on my forearm to stop me. "Leave that on."

"Florence and the Machine?" I asked.

"Yes, now that's good music."

"Did you ever notice her little face spasms when she sings?"

"No." He said shaking his head as we listened. "I think it's different."

"Yeah not everybody sings about cutting eyeballs out."

"That's a cover song." He explained.

"Sounds kinky. I still think she's talking about Lil' Boots."