Next Year (Ante/Niko)

Next year

Ante gritted his teeth when he saw Niko crying in their bed. Oh. They had just finished sex, Ante was afraid that he could have hurt him or something like that. But he remembered the evening which was probably the reason for his sadness: They had just lost 2-1 in the final of Pokal against Dortmund, they had fought but it was not enough unfortunately... Even if Niko had hidden it, Ante had felt him affected by this defeat, and it was necessary that the barrier which held all his pain crack to let his tears pass. Ante took him gently in his arms as he sat on their bed, resting Niko's head on his shoulder, his hands rubbing his back energetically to comfort him, his lips blowing little kiss to show him that he was there.

"Everything's fine Niko... I'm here..."

"Ante... I'm sorry... I wish I was stronger to win..."

"Hey Niko, it's not your fault, if someone has to take on this responsibility it's me, I should have scored one more time to at least get closer to winning."

"You looked so sad earlier, I'm so sorry..."

'' Niko... What matters is that I'm with you now, we don't care about the Pokal, the important thing is just you and me. My priority is to make you happy, this is the only victory I'm looking for, so please dry your tears and smile for me, you're prettier like that.'' Ante kissed the earlobe of Niko, his hands still comforting him

"Yeah..." Niko lifted his head, wiping away the tears with the back of his hand

"Next year Niko, you will be champion, I promise you." Ante ran a hand through Niko's hair, his lips resting on those of his coach, Ante was clearly not going to let him be sad, not when he could act.

The End