A good start (Niko/Fredi)

A good start

Niko isn't playing his first game against Dortmund, he has faced them several times before, but it's the first time with Bayern. He had hoped things would go more smoothly, but football wasn't an easy sport. Bobic threw his elbow in his nose, and now he can only see blood running down his hand as he almost desperately tries to stop the bleeding and the slight pain from happening. He let go of the game a bit, so he doesn't know why Bobic is trying to discuss the action, or why he gets mad at him, it's not his fault if his nose is broken! Anyway, there is Bixente in front of him to push the Borussia player, it's a nice help given the small animosity between them. He ends up leaving the field, Ottmar should have more confidence in him but he says nothing and lets the doctor put cotton in his nose, he isn't sure that it will change something...

___________________

Niko is fourteen years older since 2002, he's the coach of Frankfurt, and Fredi Bobic has become his friend, and his club sporting director. They played in Berlin together, it was nice but it was a strange friendship because of the legacy that had kept his nose despite the years. Now, Fredi signs players like Ante to help him build the team, it's already a step towards their friendship. Niko knows that it can become more between them if they make an effort, but he wonders if the effort deserves to be made, if it's not a mistake, if Fredi is a good choice...

''I've never apologized for this match in 2002.'' Fredi tells him one day

''No.''

"Well, I'm sorry for breaking your nose Niko, I didn't want to do it."

"Apologies granted Fredi." Niko laughs, it's a good start for something to start...

The End