It's always sunny in Munich (Niko)

He didn't count the days because he knows that others will do it for him, he didn't find excuses because others will do it for him, he didn't find reasons because others have imposed him some.

Niko finds himself wondering if it was really a good thing. Not for his own good. For the club's. The one of those who hate him. The good of those who humiliated him until the end. No. Not humiliated. Denigrated would be fairer.

He isn't Pep or Jupp, he heard it right. Even Carlo was better, if you think so. No plans or techniques, only blind confidence in luck, and perhaps arbitration, that is only your opinion. Not enough playing time for the youngest, it's surely true, everyone is a coach according to their vision of things. Random or unnecessary changes, surely, there's no point in fighting now.

Sitting between his moving boxes filled with bitterness, his head resting against the wall and a cigarette replacing the air in his lungs with smoke, time seems immoral to him. So it's over. Another puff of tobacco as his hair falls on his eyes. Finished. This is how his biggest dream ends, his ambition of a life reduced to an ashtray on a random piece of cardboard. Ironically, everything stops after Frankfurt, which had started everything. A sob wants to escape from his throat, and tears sting its eyes. It's a betrayal on all sides, yet he considers himself the most ashamed... Niko quickly wipes his eyes, his cigarette smashed in the bottom of the ashtray. He wants to forget everything,to never remember that it ended this way, twice.

Player in Munich, substitute. Coach in Munich, Plan C. The height of insult. He would almost come to regard himself as the victim as he folds his knees against his chest and buries his head and cries. Why. All he asked was just a bit of respect, just that. It was too much apparently... Because he has no important name, he isn't famous around the world, was it too much asked to be respected? It should only be reserved for the Big Ones. Shameful. Mid-table coach, fraud, Out, Raus, thank you but goodbye. Everything is solidly engraved in his memory. So was that the consideration of the public for a team? Support players to mistreat the coach?

Which of them should open their eyes? Who should apologize? Adapt or get away? Him ? Them? There is no answer to hypocrisy unfortunately. Niko gets up, his tears still swallowing little by little his cheeks to crash on the ground which has already accumulated too much. All of this went too far, he was physically assaulted three times in Munich in a year and a half, three fucking times when no security tried to do his job. He was certainly not worth it, he isn't Lewandowski, or Messi.

Niko kicks a cardboard box, throwing it against the wall, his ashtray breaks on the ground and the ashes hover around him, only his squeaks fill the room. There is his first jersey in the box, red, small and worn. 1976, Bayern-Saint Etienne, he still remembers that day, he was not even five years old, Rummenigge was his idol. Now it's too late, there has been real betrayal. Niko puts everything back in the box and closes it, he isn't yet ready to betray his childhood dreams, not even after all this time.

The End