You are my warrior (Lukas/Jan)

You are my warrior

Niko didn't particularly like the delay, when it was his players, he could let it go because it hurt to scold them in front of their puppy eyes, when it was him (often because of Ante) he blamed himself for a long time. But there was this kind of situation where he had bad feelings for his players, and today, he had terrible chills because he couldn't see Jan coming. Lukas was the one who knew him best, the Finnish was next to him telling him about his concern, Niko didn't know how to calm him down, the anxiety possessed them both.

And the more time passed, the more complicated things became. The team understood the situation, and they waited as much as they did, their training gradually disrupted, Ante put an arm around his waist.

"Damn Jan!"

Lukas exclaimed as they saw Jan arrive, almost passed out, held arm-in-arm by Moppes and Robby. Niko clenched his teeth, Hradecky sprinting towards the other goalkeeper, he also did it despite the fear that gnawed at his insides, Ante behind him and perhaps Alex. His brother and the keepers' trainer put Jan on the ground, Niko barely saw his chest rise, but the most worrying thing was that the keeper's face was covered in blood and bruises. What the hell happened? He sent a worried look to his brother, but received nothing more than a look as lost as his...

______________________

Lukas felt totally useless, he could only desperately shake the hand of a sleeping Jan, staring at him to understand his injuries. He was the last remaining in the club infirmary, he was exhausted but he didn't want to leave Zimbo alone, not yet, so he forced himself to stay awake. Lukas could feel the horrible feeling of injustice wringing his stomach, why on all the people of Frankfurt, why had Jan been beaten by a stranger? Why ?! Lukas shook Zimmermann's hand harder, it was so unfair, he could only be pissed off, he wasn't fuming yet but God knew he wanted to. He loosened his grip when he saw his friend's eyes open slowly, closing and opening again because of the light, Lukas was delighted to see him regain consciousness while his face had been cleaned of dried blood to place bandages around his head , gauze on his cheeks and a bandage to keep his nose in place. Lukas met Jan's gaze, totally lost and worried.

"Lu... Luki... What is...?" Zimbo asked him, staring at him, scared

"You are in the club infirmary, it's evening, we found you this morning beaten up by someone, do you have any memories?" Lukas helped Jan to sit slowly on the white bed, he knew for the broken ribs and didn't want to make it worse

"Lukas, I don't... I just have some memories..."

"I'm here to talk about it big boy, count on me."

"A guy hitting me... I stagger to get closer to the club... Moppes, Robert... You and Niko above me..."

"Ok... You need to rest now Zimbo, okay?"

"Lukas. I'm fine, I'm sure I can go home tonight.''

"Out of the question that I let you leave the infirmary, you will sleep here and rest!"

''Luki, I took enough rest in 2014 and 2015.'' Jan's voice was sad

''An injury at that time?'' Lukas took Zimmermann's hand in his

''A tumor.''

''What?'' Lukas felt a chill run through his spine

''I had a tumor in the brain, I discovered it in time after a shock to the head, I had an operation and since then everything's fine, well, I have a scar on the back of my head and one of my tattoos is the date of the operation, but I'm fine.''

''Oh Jan... You are... You are amazing Jan '' Lukas gently took his teammate in his arms

"Lukas... I'm not incredible..."

''Of course you are! You're still here after all this, you're the bravest man I know!''

"I just live my life Luki, I don't do much else."

''I love you so much Jan, I don't want to lose you...'' Lukas whispered against Jan's neck, he didn't move when his friend patted his back

"Me neither Lukas... Thanks for being there..."

The End