It Happened (David/Kevin)

It happened

David wants to cry. They lost, it happened, fuck. They did their best and came so far that hope did more harm than good. They went to the Europa League semifinals, and Chelsea won. It shouldn't hurt him that much, he's an adult and captain for God's sake. In the locker room, Adi wants to be comforting towards them, after all they did their best and it was not just anyone opposite. Everything is silent, David is supposed to be the one who gets them back on their feet and gives them courage, but he knows that he won't find the strength so he says nothing and gives up his last hopes, it's over, they won't win anything this season. He misses 2018, as well as Alex and the others, they all supported him so much when he was so bad. He still needs them, he isn't a strong enough captain as he would like to be when he stands against strikers like Lewandowski. David is only a man after all.

In his hotel room in London, time is long, the weight of defeat is so heavy... The water that trickles down his skin relaxes his muscles but not his mind, he sees the shots on goal, his failure. He lays down on his bed, his hair falling on his forehead, someone knocks on his door. David gets up out of spite, he is exhausted and night has long since fallen. Kevin is in front of him, a small smile on his lips. Oh. It's too late for a discussion, they have to sleep... David loses his temper, his nerves let him go, he is so tired by the day... Kevin holds him against him for a few minutes, it's... It seems to be a real comfort. Kevin's lips rest on his, it's warm and soft, it's better than anything that could have happened all day. He isn't the captain that Frankfurt needs, but he will do his best in the future.

The End