Frankfurter Jungs (Kevin/Jan)

Frankfurter Jungs

Jan stands awkwardly against one of the training goals, the ball-filled bag at his feet. Everything went too fast. Last week he was training with the others, and now he's training them. It's surely better than staying the fourth keeper, surely. Hütter trusts him to take care of his three little goalies, so he has to put his jersey away for the staff suit. He still remembers the Friday when he was summoned by Fredi, Bruno and Peter. His three bosses in order of importance. Moppes had just retired, and the club had placed important responsibilities on him. Jan must be able to manage the situation, he is an adult, magnificent for the club, he is the future paradoxically. He was already the future at the time when he was the third keeper, young, and inexperienced. Anyway, he shouldn't start blaming the club for his apprehension.

He comes out of his thoughts when the small goal trembles on his back, then disappears, causing him to fall on the lawn. Shit. Jan looks up to see Kevin above him, a sly smile on his lips. Damn kid, his place as goalkeeper wasn't enough? Is he really going to have to work with him? And to make him progress? Jan will surely give up if Freddy and Felix don't support him. Kevin holds out his hand to raise him, he fixes it for a few seconds, before taking it and getting back on his feet. However, he doesn't forgive him for his fall a minute ago, the same for his place in 2018, and the game against Leverkusen having finished in 6-1. Horrible evening. Now Jan is his technical superior, maybe he can make his warm-ups more complicated, that's to be considered.

Jan sends him one last dark look, heavy with meaning, before going to see Freddy and Felix, those who really want to work. He isn't completely confident about his coaching skills, but that won't prevent him from working with the goalies as Moppes had done with him years ago.

The End