22: Rengoku and Sun Breathing

Warning| ⚠Long ChapterSpoiler
Words| 1916

Dark, dark was all Haru sees, under her was just pool of blood.

'ʜᴏᴡ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴛᴀʏ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ? ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴀᴠᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴏᴡʟ-ꜰᴀᴄᴇᴅ ɢᴜʏ' A shadow appeared at Haru's chained form. 

"I don't know... He still could've died since he's bleeding inside, I'm utterly useless-" A slap cut her off, Haru's cold blue eyes stare at her shadow's glowing purple and yellow orbs.

Her shadow yanked her by her neck. 'ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴ ʜᴇʀᴇ, ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ. ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ. ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ꜱᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇʀ' With that her shadow punched Haru right on the face.

Haru snapped her eyes open, gasping. "Ha..." She ran her fingers across her hair, at the corner of her eyes she saw Tanjiro running out of the Butterfly Estate with a crow flying above him. "That idiot!"

She abruptly gets up but when she opens the door, she comes face to face with Shinobu. "Woah-!!" Haru jumps a little. "Haru-chan! You're awake-" She stopped Shinobu from talking. 

"I-I have to go..." Haru muttered while holding the Insect Hashira's shoulders, Shinobu noticed Haru's pained expression. 

The Hashira smile softly and hold the younger girl's hand. "Haru-chan, Rengoku-san- He, I'm sure he didn't want you to feel bad about yourself..." Haru's heart feels heavy. 'Did I fail...?

"He's still unconscious right now, but your healing ability did all the heavy lifting" Haru's eyes lighten up with hope in it as her face softened in relief. "Thank you, Haru-chan. But, that cost you to get the wound instead and It's still not fully healed-"

Haru shakes her head.

"No, I rest too much- I need to catch up with Tanjiro, he went out of the Butterfly Estate, probably to Rengoku Household" Haru's words catch Shinobu off guards at the mention of the burgundy boy's action.

"He's what-" Before Shinobu could finish her sentence, Haru was already gone from her sight.

"Ara~ Ara~ She's gone" Viens start popping on Shinobu's forehead and then Yuki walks towards her. "Did something happen-" His mismatched eyes widened like a saucer when he realized that Haru was nowhere to be seen in her room. "Haru!?" 

Meanwhile, with Haru, she leans against a wall and trying to catch her breath. "Crap... with these wounds... I can't run as much as I used to..." Haru holds her abdomen and continues to run towards Tanjiro who was just a few feet away from her.

"T-Tanjiro-Kun!" She shouted, causing the checkered haori boy to turns around. "H-Haru-chan! W-what are you doing here?! Y-Your wounds..." 

Tanjiro was startled by her appearance then his eyes traveled down to her leg that now already fully regenerate but he still starts to get worried as he looks at her pained expression yet Haru flash him a smile.

"I need to talk with someone too" She pats his shoulder and walks ahead of him. "Haru-chan..." Tanjiro walks side by side with her and asked. "How did you know about the way towards the House of Rengoku's?"

"That's because..." Haru's eyes trailed towards a familiar figure.

She saw Senjuro who sweeping at the front gate with a sad expression displayed on the small Rengoku's face, Haru frowns a bit. Tanjiro notice Haru's frown and followed the direction Haru stares off, he saw Senjuro.

'Ah... That must be...' He walked towards Senjuro. "You must be Senjuro, right?" Tanjiro's sudden appearance seems to startle the younger Rengoku, Tanjiro bow in greeting before face Senjuro again.