31: Kyojuro, Swordsmiths Village, and Chief

Warning| ⚠Long ChapterSpoiler
Words| 1563

A week has passed, Haru already backs with her training along with Tanjiro. "I need my bullets supplies and a new sword soon, don't you too, Tanji-Kun?" The ravenette girl asked as she has done with her stretching.

Looking at the burgundy boy who nodded back at her as Sumi pulling his arms backward.

"Right! Did we get a new sword while we were sleeping?" Tanjiro asked Sumi as the little girl sweated nervously in response. "H-Haganezuka-san sent some letters for both of you... Would you like to see them?" Kiyo stuttered.

"Yeah! Sure! It won't be that bad, right?" Haru asked anxiously.

Haru's face turned darker. "I take it back, this is bad- wait worse than what I've expected, did he just throwing tantrums?!" Said the ticked girl. "I mean, at least we just chipped it!" She continues to grumbles, pouting.

Tanjiro sweated as he tried to calm his petite friend down by caressing her soft hand.

"How about you two head to the village? I think both of you should meet him in person and talk things out" Kiyo suggested as she munching on a rice cracker. 

"The village?" Tanjiro asked questionably as he tilts his head. "All the swordsmiths live there" Inform Kiyo. "Wait- we can go there!?" Beamed the two slayers. "Yes! Oh, also Haru-san, Rengoku-sama want to talk with you" Naho stated.

"Senjuro-Kun? Okay-" 

"It's Rengoku Kyojuro-sama..." 

As soon as Naho said the former flame hashira's name, Haru already dashed out. Leaving the poor girl to get bombarded by Tanjiro with questions.

Haru's getting closer to the familiar flaming aura that she missed after the train incident.

She stopped on her track as she saw Kyojuro standing on engawa a few feet away from her. Her eyes start to tears up at the sight of him, the flame-haired male turns to her with a smile, and the petite girl could see the scar on his left eye. 

"Haru" He called her, making her move on her own and hug on him. "I-I thought you... wouldn't wake..." She sobbed onto his kimono.

Kyojuro was a bit stunned by the hug but he smiles, he lifts her head and gently wiped her tears.

"I should be the one who said that to you..." He trailed, instead of using his usual booming and cheerful voice. He uses a soft tone.
---
Two months ago

Kyojuro sat comfortably on his hospital bed with Senjuro feeding him food after 4 bowls of apple slices.