24: Her Past, Pain, and Regret

Warning| ⚠Long Chapter
Words| 1858

"You little fools! What's wrong with you two!? Losing your sword?! Breaking both of my swords?!" Haganezuka went to charges towards them. "That deserves death! death!!" the angry swordsmith screamed.

Haru lightly pats Tanjiro's shoulder. "Good luck" She just jumps over the bamboo fence, leaving Tanjiro to run for his life.

"H-Haru-chan!?" She heard him cried and screaming. 'Sorry, Tan-Kun

Haru went into the Estate, but as soon as she walked down the corridor, she comes face to face with none other than a certain peach-haired male and he wasn't happy to see her standing in front of him, his face darkened more when he noticed the bloodstain on her abdomen.

Haru starts to sweat at the sharp aura she felt from him. "H-hello- Sabito-Kun, I-It's been so long..." Haru stuttered, trying to avoid eye contact as she taking steps backward when Sabito approaching her.

"What? Don't say 'Hello' me" His husky voice deepened. "Tell me, why you suddenly disappear when you were supposed to be resting?!" Haru flinched a bit at his harsh tone. 

"S-Sabito- C-calm down-"

She was pinned against the wall, Sabito's hands slammed on each side of her head, trapping her. His Lavender eyes glared at her widened baby blue orbs.

"Answer me! Why you move around when you're still gravely injured! Look at what you've done now! Moving around and re-opening your wounds?! Do you want to die because of blood loss?!" His voice cracking as he screamed, Haru could see the pain and ...

"Answer me! Why you move around when you're still gravely injured! Look at what you've done now! Moving around and re-opening your wounds?! Do you want to die because of blood loss?!" His voice cracking as he screamed, Haru could see the pain and fear inside his eyes.

"What were you thinking..." Sabito whispered as he lowers his head on her shoulder. "I shouldn't let you go in that mission..." Haru narrowed her eyes at him. 

"Then Kyojuro-san would've died if I didn't" Sabito clenched his hands into fists. 

"But you wouldn't be- Haru... When that damn crow informed Giyu and me that your group back at Butterfly Estate- They say- that you and that damned hashira are the only ones with bad conditions"