A Little Date

"Claude-I don't see why the blindfold was necessary-can't I just take it off?"

Byleth stumbled through the streets, blind as a golden blindfold impaired her vision. Claude had finally gotten some free time on his hands, free from producing music for awhile, so he had naturally dragged her off to do something fun. Claude led her by the hand, his laugh prominent as it rang through her ears.

"C'mon Teach, gotta keep it a surprise!"

"But why? Why is this necessary?"

"You'll see!"

Byleth wanted to retort that she clearly couldn't see, but she held back the sarcastic comment and just let him lead her. She could hear Catherine and Alois chatting quietly behind her. It was good to know they were always safe...

"Watch your step," He instructed, and Byleth let him lead her up some stairs. Where in the world were they? "Aaaand...welcome."

He untied the blindfold, pulling it away from her now green eyes to reveal a beautiful restaurant, decorated with white lilies and ivory tablecloths. Strangely, no one was seated or in the room. Soft music was playing in the background. It was a very fancy place to be, and Byleth's jaw dropped as he moved in front of her.

Claude was wearing a suit...and it looked damn good on him.

It was traditional black and white colored, but his tie was golden just like his usual clothes. His hair was slicked back, and Byleth found herself stammering.

"Wow. This...This i...is...Amazing!"

"I'm glad you like it," Claude scratched the back of his neck. "I was worried it was...well...too much."

"As long as I'm with you, it doesn't matter anyway. It could have been a junkyard and I still would have had fun...but I'm still happy you picked this. I love it!"

"I'm glad."

"Ah! Kh-er-Claude," A large man with a darker skin tone and two scars across his face grinned. "Is this your little lady friend?"

"You bet!" Claude grinned. "This is Byleth."

"You run this place?" Byleth did her best to keep the surprise out of her tone. This man looked...incredibly out of place in such a fancy restaurant. He wasn't wearing anything like what the two of them were wearing; in fact, he had on a very casual shirt that was missing a sleeve and a golden sash around his waist. All in all, he didn't look anywhere near formal enough to work here.

"You bet! Almyra's best, all wrapped into one!" He boasted. "Normally, we're actually not this formal, but...It's a one day special for you two! Claude's request."

"Ah, is that why the restaurant is empty?" Byleth giggled. She had thought it was weird the space was empty! Now she was more curious that ever as to what this place usually looked like...She'd have to ask Claude to bring her here when it was normal.

"Yeah, I had it emptied for us."

"I love it."

The two sat down at a table, and Byleth flipped through the menu. She had...absolutely no idea of what she was supposed to get.

"What's good?"

Claude pointed out his favorite Almyran dishes to her. This was a whole new cuisine to Byleth, but Claude reassured her she'd love it. After ordering, the two just chatted, enjoying their time together, ignoring Alois and Catherine in the corner.

"You know, it's weird to see you so dressed up," Byleth commented. He chuckled.

"You too. The label wanted me to dress nice for the interview in a week, so you'll be seeing it again."

"Interview?"

"Yeah. Oh, and you're coming," He grinned. "Just kidding. You don't have to come if you don't want."

"What-! Of course I'm coming!" Byleth said. Claude had more than four million views and counting on each Youtube video, and he didn't even have a music video aside from him sitting on a stool with his guitar and singing. Pretty incredible, so naturally, the label wanted to take advantage of that.

"Heh. Glad to know I can count on you."

Byleth felt a twinge of guilt sweep through her once more. Glad to know I can count on you...Claude had no idea of just how selfish she was being. Him going back to the company was something he wanted, something he was destined for, and she...wanted him with her too badly to allow him to go back. He was already busy enough as it was with the label, she couldn't afford for Claude to have the company on his hands...Plus, Claude would have to give up his dream...

"Yeah," Was all Byleth could muster. Claude gave her a weird look, about to question her when the food came.

Byleth felt a wave of relief sweep through her.

"Dig in!" Nader grinned as he placed their food down in front of them, spreading some smaller plates with soup, salads, or spices on them. Byleth hesitantly picked up her kabob, bringing it to her lips...

It was delicious.

There was something...something sort of tangy about it. Byleth didn't know quite how to describe it, but...it was much, much better than she had expected.

"Claude, this...is amazing!" Byleth smiled. "Why haven't I been here before?"

"Don't sweat it. Most people haven't tried Almyran food before."

"...But why not? It's so good here..."

"Well, Almyran food...isn't something that interests everyone. Not everyone is going to like the same thing."

Claude stood, offering her his hand. Byleth took it, letting him pull her up.

"Ready to go?"

"You're not going to blindfold me again, are you?" Byleth sighed. Claude laughed and shook his head.

"No, not this time. Come on! The night's not over yet."

"I wouldn't want it any other way."