Park

Common causes of heart arrhythmia are high blood pressure, diabetes, smoking, excessive use of alcohol or caffeine, drug abuse, stress, and heart defects you were born with.

Byleth adjusted the red glasses on her face as she continued to read the book on heart diseases. She knew her heart was caused by a defect, but her problem was one of a kind, so maybe these other factors could help her learn why, too. Well, she knew that her beating heart wasn't caused by drugs or caffeine, considering she had never used either. Manuela always said her blood pressure was fine, and Byleth had never had diabetes. She had also never smoked, so that was another option checked off..

Stress. Could that have been the cause? But why would she have been stressed at the time around her beating heart? She had actually just started to be happy around that time...

Ugh. All this thinking and researching was hurting Byleth's head. She wished for a distraction, anything to give her a break. As if on cue, her phone dinged with the familiar sound of a text
message on her phone. Byleth scrambled over, holding it in her hands.

hey teach , i've got a lil something planned! it's outside so plan accordingly yea? meet me at gronder field

Wow. Claude had impeccable timing! Byleth smiled, taking her glasses off as she simultaneously closed the book with her other hand.

Alright. Are you going right now?

yea meet by the entrance, see ya in a bit

Oh, crap. Byleth was still in her pajamas! She hurriedly pulled on her clothes, settling for her black shorts rather than the usual leggings. It was getting a little too hot to be wearing both her coat and pants, after all.

She grabbed her phone before walking out of her room. She knocked on her father's door lightly.

"I'm heading out!" Byleth called, and she could hear Jeralt fumble around in his room a bit before calling out 'kay'.

Byleth shook her head in amusement before exiting, but not before forgetting to grab her black umbrella. With this weather, you never knew what was coming next! She started her car, driving to Gronder Field.

Byleth had never been there before. It was the park right by the Monastery, but Byleth had never needed to show her face in either location, so...she'd just never gone, plain and simple.

Well, apparently, today was the day that changed.

Byleth arrived about a minute early to the designated location. She got out of her car, patting down her black shirt and grabbing her umbrella before closing the door.

"Hey, Teach! Over here!"

Byleth could recognize that voice anywhere. She turned around to see Claude waving, and Byleth raised her brow in surprise.

"You're on time!" Byleth congratulated him as she clapped delightfully. He grinned wider, a playful smirk on his face.

"I told you I wasn't going to be late again," Claude responded, and he gestured for her to follow him. "Do you know what makes Gronder so special?"

"No," Byleth responded casually, swinging her umbrella back and forth while they talked. "I've never been here before."

"Ah, really?" Claude was surprised, but he nodded and provided the explanation for her. "Well, what makes this place so special is that it's where the three major opposing companies, Adrestia, Faerghus, and Leicester, all donated to help create this church and create a place for people to stay."

"That sounds..oddly kind," Byleth furrowed her brow, but she shrugged. It wasn't particularly her business to know. Leicester... Wasn't that the von Riegan company...? "Wait. I don't mean to bring it up, but isn't Leicester..."

"...Yes. That's my fathers company," Claude nodded with a grimace. "But you're right, Teach. It is oddly kind for three opposing companies to contribute to a park and a church...most people say it's because of the Archbishop over there. She was able to reconcile the once hostile companies, and create peace between the three. Crazy, right?"

"Crazy indeed. I doubt most company leaders are very religious."

"Hah, true...my dad has always been the one trying to bridge the gap between the other two," Claude sighed. "He wasn't really one to dawdle in their feud. That's the one thing I admire him for, I guess. But anyway...I wanted to show you this because of the sight. Look up, Teach!"

And so Byleth did...and behold.

"Wow, it's beautiful..."