Together Again

"How may I help you today?"

"Something strong," was the curt reply from Byleth's stoic customer. His dark blue hair was swept into a ponytail. "The strongest you have, preferably."

"On it," Byleth responded before she began to pour him a drink. As she was distracted, another customer sat down next to her. Without looking up, Byleth addressed the new customers. "Want a drink?"

"Uh, no. But I was wondering if you were available."

Byleth's head shot up; she knew who that was...Sure enough, Claude sat in front of her with a cocky smile on his face. Her lips involuntarily began to curl upward as she gave the customer his drink before she flung herself up forward into his arms over the counter.

"I missed you so much," Claude embraced her back just as quickly. His voice was angelic to Byleth's ears as the scent of pine needles flooded her nostrils. "Damn, I missed you so much..."

"Me too," Byleth could barely even speak. Gratitude overtook her completely. "I didn't know you were coming home..."

"I know. I wanted to surprise you, and it worked," Claude chuckled softly. Byleth slowly parted from
his embrace, knowing she had to go and continue working.

"It definitely did," Byleth whispered. "I've got to get back to working. After that, though..you're going to tell me about all the fun things you did."

"Of course, Teach, but I'd rather learn about your condition first."

"Oh, right," Byleth had quite honestly forgotten about the problem entirely for awhile, she wasn't
going to lie. She was feeling better than ever. "Okay, well, bye Claude..."

"Ah, don't say goodbye so quickly...I'm going to come work with you. Just like the beginning!"

Byleth smiled.

"That's all I really wanted, anyway."

The shift continued by blissfully, and it was the best time she'd ever had ever since he'd left. The fun he always brought just cheered her up instantly as the night passed in the blink of an eye. Soon enough, it was early in the morning, and time for the bar to close up. Byleth yawned as she scrubbed at the tables, making Claude chuckle.

"Tired?" He teased, and Byleth just smiled.

"Maybe. But I'd never let a handsome guy like you work alone."

"Oh, I see how it is," Claude strode over before he quickly nuzzled his nose into Byleth's hair, temporarily making her forget where she even was in the first place. "Really bringing back old memories, are we now?"

"Of course. This place is what brought us together, after all."

"Hey, can you two save the romantic talk for later?" Leonie hollered from the backroom as her and Jeralt continued to clean up back there. "I know you guys are cute and all, but your dad is spying on you guys, and it's kinda weird."

"I-I was not spying!" Jeralt's defensive tone immediately refuted, much to Byleth and Claude's amusement.

"He definitely was."

The two smiled at each other before agreeing to finish cleaning up the bar. Once they were done closing, Jeralt dismissed everyone, but not before reminding Byleth that they had scheduled lunch together tomorrow.

"Ah, it's good to be back," Claude said as he intertwined their fingers together. Byleth had missed even the simpler things like this.

"It is? Was Almyra not fun?"

"Well, it was, but I get to see you here, so nothing beats that."

"Haha. Well, tell me more about what you did there."

"Oh, right," Claude paused to collect his thoughts. "Well, I met a merchant who basically helped some of the Almyrans stop hating me...and I have a surprise."

"What? What is it?"

"Well, it's a surprise. You'll find out soon."

"No fair. You can't just mention it and then not say it," Byleth pouted. "Come on."

"Be patient. Oh, by the way...how are you feeling?"

"Huh? Oh, fine. Feeling a little run-down, but that's probably just because it's late. Honestly, I'm just so happy that I'm feeling so much better!"

"Me too," Claude's grin grew wider. "Oh, hey..."

The two had just started walking without realizing where they we're going, and now they were standing in front of Claude's musical venue. This was the place where Byleth had found out about one of his greatest secrets and passions, where he really sang his heart out...

"One day, I want to take you to Almyra," Claude said quietly. "We can tour together."

"That sounds perfect to me, Claude."

"Yes...but for now, let's enjoy what we have now," He smiled at her. "Time together...finally."

"I mean, I've only waited all this time for you to come home," Byleth giggled, unable to resist the urge to make a remark. "But yes...I can't wait. Now, let's go in! It's been way too long since I've heard your voice."

"Your wish is my command, Teach. Race ya in!"