Claude's Cure

"A little bit of Morfis Plum combined with a Miracle Bean, the Fruit of Life, Ambrosia, and White Verona..."

Claude mumbled to himself busily as he concocted yet another potion. He and Anna had been busy at work trying to use Almyra's various resources to create something to save his beloved. Anna had been taking them to various people who volunteered to see if it would work on any illness, and Claude was more than willing to oblige. If he got to help people while helping his Teach, then he'd take that option. It seemed like his potions were working wonders for some people, but he hadn't found one that could cure everything, much to his annoyance. What was going to work...?

"Still working hard, I see," Anna chirped as she walked in. A batch of curious people who didn't mind Claude's Fódlan background were waiting outside of Claude's house as Anna smiled. "They're ready! I'm making a million off of this!"

"I told you not to charge those people," Claude scolded, and Anna quickly backpedaled.

"I didn't! P-Promise, it was just a joke!" Anna responded rapidly, her words tripping over themselves. "Well, anyway, Claude...Why don't you take a break? It's great that you're working hard, but you don't look too good."

"I can't. We have to make a breakthrough, I refuse to let her die..."

"I thought you said she was feeling better? Why stress out now when it seems she's fine?"

"She said it might have been a fluke," Claude squinted as he carefully stirred his potion. He had to be careful not to mix too much or too little. "I'm not taking any chances when it comes to her."

"...You really love her, don'tcha?" Anna sighed dreamily. "I love someone, too."

"...Is it's name 'money'?"

"You know me too well!"

"No, it wasn't very difficult to figure out," Claude just chuckled before he poured a bit of his potion into a small flask. "Here. Let them try this."

"Sounds good!" Anna handed the potion to an elderly woman, who thanked the two before drinking it. "Hey, Claude...How good are the business opportunities in Fódlan?"

"Pretty good. It's hard to make it up, but if you're good at what you do...then you'll get there."

"Huh...I make a fortune here in Almyra, but maybe I'll have to come on over," Anna giggled. "After all, I wanna meet the lucky love of your life!"

"I think I'm the lucky one, but she'd be happy to meet you," Claude smiled fondly at just the thought of Byleth. He missed her so much...

"I...I feel better already!" The elderly woman who had drank the potion suddenly exclaimed as she clutched at her heart, disbelieving. The wrinkles on her face were scrunched up tighter as she smiled. "I-I've had terrible heart pain and all sorts of issues lately, but now...nothing! Thank you so much, you two!"

"It-It worked?" Claude whispered before he began to smile widely. "It worked! You're welcome. I-I need to fly back, right now!"

"I hope everything works out for you two," Anna said genuinely as Claude packed up all of his stuff and rushed out. "It was nice seeing you!"

"Oh, right," Claude suddenly stopped in his tracks before he began to dig around in his bag. "Here you go."

He took out a wad of cash and placed it into Anna's hands. She smiled and pocketed the money, grateful for his generosity.

"Well, you're pretty charitable. Thanks a bunch!"

"Well, you're part of the reason some of my people were willing to give me a chance, so I think I owe you just the slightest," Claude chuckled. "Okay,
I'm leaving. Thanks for everything."

"You too, Claude. Safe travels!"

Claude smiled before waiting for his private jet. Once it was time, he boarded and the plane took off. He stared out the window, clutching his potion. If his Teach wasn't cured, then at least this should do it.

He couldn't wait to see her again.