Never Forget You...

Flowers bloomed all around Byleth's grave.

Glowing magnolias and other blossoms bloomed magnificently, rain or shine around the still fresh dirt surrounding the grave.

As Claude approached, a bouquet of magnolia's in his hands. He gently set the flowers down onto her tombstone. Even though he saw her buried, watched her die in front of his eyes...her death still didn't seem real.

"Hi, Teach," Claude greeted, the sun shining hotly against his black jacket, "it's, um...good to see you, I guess."

Silence. Claude wasn't used to that no matter how many times he never heard her reply. He still always expected to hear her...but she was gone.

As Byleth's coffin was lowered into the ground, Claude struggled to keep himself composed. He could feel the sob threatening to rack through his entire body. Hilda, Edelgard, and Dimitri stood beside him, offering him their best condolences as Claude watched her casket with the magnolias atop it descend.

Then came the dirt.

Dirt was shoveled over the coffin, slowly burying his beautiful Byleth...A unrestrained sob racked through Claude's body as her golden casket was barely visible underneath the dirt, soon disappearing altogether.

She was truly gone.

Six feet under...

Now grass was beginning to grow on that dirt, tiny little blossoms sprouting from where her body lie. Claude had to wipe at his eyes. The thought of her body was too much.

"Sorry. I know you don't want me to cry...it's just harder than I'd ever imagine," Claude sniffled, "I still think you're around...and then you're not. I think about how if I hadn't come into your life, how you'd still be surviving...but I suppose living is all about how you want to see it. That's what you've been trying to tell me."

Once again, silence. The wind rustled while birds chirped harmoniously, unaware of the turmoil in Claude's heart. What a bright and sunny day...

"...Your dad has been working nonstop. I've tried to convince him to take time to grieve, but...he's not listening," Claude sighed, "Leonie and Shamir have been trying their best to help him. As for me...well, Lorenz has been picking up my slack, but I mean...I still have to work. Otherwise, everything will just pile up...I wish I'd spent more time with you when I had it."

Claude's hand scrambled in his pocket as he dug something out. He grabbed a CD, placing the music onto her gravestone.

"I produced this for you. I hope you would have liked it..." He stared at the cover; a picture of two rings atop each other.

Once everyone had left the coffin besides him, Claude slowly reached into his pocket to grab a slivery ring. He gently slipped the jewelry onto her ring finger before he laced their fingers together, his own ring shining just as brightly.

"...What does music even matter for anymore? I'll never be able to see your smile again after every piece. I guess...I'll just have to hope you're here with me...like you said. I...I place my trust in you," Claude smiled sadly, "no matter what we do..."

The wind blew harder against him, almost knocking Claude over entirely as he shielded his face, but he could have sworn that at that moment, he heard Byleth; "because I, didn't realize it till now, but I, I ...I love you." The wind continued to push him in the direction away from her grave. Claude wiped at his eyes, a small smile appearing on his face.

"Okay, okay, I get it, Teach...I'm leaving," Claude chuckled softly, "but...I'm never going to forget you, my love. I love you."

He turned from the grave, his boots carrying him away. He didn't turn to look back. He knew if he did, he would end up right back in front of her grave. As he left, an apparition barely apparent watched him leave, it's green eyes filled with love as it smiled.

"I love you too, Claude..."