Ch 75: What Was The Treatment?

What happened?

On his way back to the party, Lin Yie keeps replaying in his mind what happened in that room. 

Was that an illusion or a dream?

He asks Nightingale, "How long did Madam Chen sleep?"

Nightingale thinks for a moment, "A few minutes?"

"How long did I stay next to her?" Lin Yie keeps asking, "After I put the blanket on her, how long did I stand next to her?"

Nightingale looks at him curiously, "You tried to touch her face after moving the blanket, and got caught."

Lin Yie's mouth twitches, "I didn't touch her face."

"Yeah, because you got caught."

"Even if I didn't get caught, I still wouldn't touch her face." Lin Yie says, "I'm not a pervert."

"Oh." Nightingale nods.

Lin Yie is somewhat irritated, but he got what he wanted to know at least.

So is this my new ability? Other than my animal affinity, do I finally have another ability? Did the System or God finally notice this transmigrator after two years? Will I finally become OP?

I'm so excited!

Nightingale nudges his waist, "Pineapple Bun, your saliva is flowing out."

Lin Yie hurriedly wipes his mouth, but there is nothing there. He glares at her.

Tsk. Why do I always feel this little devil is getting smarter after using Kal'tsit's drug?

Anyway, I need to verify my new ability first.

"Liz, let me sleep in your room tonight."

Nightingale asks, "Why?"

"So I can watch over you."

Nightingale thinks for a moment and nods, "Ok."

Lin Yie smiles, but suddenly, someone interrupts.

"I don't think that's ok."

Nightingale turns around and greets her, "Dr. Kal'tsit."

Lin Yie's smile freezes. Kal'tsit is crossing her arms on her chest.

"Dr. Lin, sleeping with Nightingale is not right." Kal'tsit says, "I don't think Shining would be happy to hear that. She did ask you to take care of Nightingale, but not this kind of care."

"..."

Fortunately, Nightingale steps forward to clear the misunderstanding.

"It's alright. I can sleep with him."

"It's a misunderstanding. A misunderstanding." Lin Yie hurriedly explains, "The treatment I used on Madam Chen  was quite effective, so I just want to try it on Nightingale to see if it helps her sleep better."

Kal'tsit says with surprise, "You really made her sleep?"

"Um, although she didn't sleep much." Lin Yie nods, "But she acknowledged me."

"Impressive." Kal'tsit smiles, "She's not the kind of person that yields so easily. How did you do it?"

Nightingale cuts in, "First, he touched her hand."

Lin Yie hurriedly explains, "To make her body relax."

"Then, he told her a fairytale."

"To make her mind relax."

Kal'tsit praises, "Very professional."

"And he touched her face when she was asleep."

"..."

After saying these, Nightingale adds, "Pineapple Bun made Madam Chen  bleed a few times."

She doing this on propose! I know she is!

Lin Yie has to spend the next few minutes explaining himself before Kal'tsit lets him go. After all, Kal'tsit knows Nightingale's personality and how she tends to make people misunderstand, although what Lin Yie did was easy to be misunderstood.

Kal'tsit tells Lin Yie, "Tell Mr. Wei that we are leaving. It's time for us to go."

"Now?"

"Uhm. We're just here to discuss some things. Now that we are done, we should go." Kal'tsit says, "I don't like this kind of superficial gathering."

Nightingale still wants to eat, but Kal'tsit gave the order, so Lin Yie has to bring her and leave with Kal'tsit. First, they are letting the host know they are leaving.

Before parting, Wei says, "I will find the experts for Rhodes Island as compensation."

"Experts?" Lin Yie looks at Kal'tsit.

Kal'tsit nods, "Lungmen has more connections than Rhodes Island, especially when it comes to certain fields; and we need them for recruitment." She glances at Lin Yie, "If you are willing."

"Oh?" Wei is surprised, "Dr. Lin needs assistants?"

"I already heard from my daughter that you solved Chen's problem, and she said you are an excellent psychologist." Wei smiles, "If you trust me, I can find an assistant that meets your needs."

Lin Yie glances at Kal'tsit, and she doesn't seem to object to the idea.

"Thank you." Lin Yie takes out the recruitment notice he wrote before and gives it to Wei, "One assistant is enough."

Wei skims the notice and smiles, "You are really interesting."