Ch 122: I'm Just A Doctor

Ansel's comments about Skadi have made Lin Yie feel really uneasy. It'd be fine if it were just some personality quirk. After all, Lin Yie has seen more than enough of that in Rhodes Island. But attacking her own teammates, that's a whole different thing.

Lin Yie can't help but recall the hole in the bathroom wall and that suffocating aura that Skadi released before she shook hands with him.

Why did she agree?

Was it really because of his innate talent? Without it, would Skadi have attacked him? This makes Lin Yie feel really conflicted.

Fortunately, Skadi attacking her teammates is just what Ansel heard from the others, so there is still hope.

"If Skadi really attacked her teammates, Amiya and Dr. Kal'tsit wouldn't have let her stay in Rhode Island, right?" Lin Yie says, "So it's probably just a rumor."

Ansel tries to convince Lin Yie to come around and see things his way, but he doesn't have enough evidence. He takes the medicine bottle from Lin Yie's hand, "Whatever. Don't blame me when something does happen."

...

The next day, Ansel is still upset.

Without saying anything to Lin Yie, he left for work. Lin Yie also felt a little helpless.

It seems that Ansel has always wanted Lin Yie to stay away from Skadi, but Lin Yie just keeps finding all kinds of excuses for Skadi.

But, why?

Lin Yie has only seen her once. Well, if you count watching her through the footage, then it is twice.

Now that he thinks about it, it's not really appropriate to put hoes before bros. He shouldn't anger his roommate because of a woman he just met.

Lin Yie decides that he will try to calm the angry rabbit down at night.

...

Lin Yie arrived at the nursing room.

It's still early.

Nightingale is still sleeping, while Shining watches over her.

"Didn't our method minimize the mental stress on Liz's mind?" Lin Yie asks, as he looks at Shining, who hasn't slept since last night, "Why do you have to watch over her?"

"I just can't leave her like this. At the very least, I want to observe her for a few more days," Shining says softly, "While I am still here.."

"So, what's our plan today? "

"Just use your ability on Liz," Shining says, "We will follow Ptilopsis's suggestion. If Liz doesn't show too many adverse reactions, you can keep entering her dream once a day, until you understand the dungeon completely. After that, we will ask Ptilopsis to create the escape route."

Lin Yie nods, before frowning.

"What's wrong?" Shining notices the change in his expression, "Are you in a hurry? Do you need me to call the others now?"

"No, no, don't worry about it.."

"Just say it," Shining says, "If it's not private."

Lin Yie hesitates for a moment. He thought about asking her if she had noticed anything different in Liz, but it seems pointless. He should just wait until the end of today's experiment. But, there is another question he can ask.

"I guess you could call it personal," Lin Yie said, "I hired another assistant last night. Her name is Skadi."

"Um."

"Do you know who she is?

Shining shakes her head, "I don't know."

Lin Yie purses his lips, "Then, why did you say 'um?'"

Shining shrugs, "I had to say something at least"

"I'd rather have you leave that out."

"I was joking," Shining says, "Even though I don't know as many people in Rhodes Island as Hibiscus or Nearl, I have heard about Skadi."

"Really?"

"Why would I lie to you about that? But I only know her name," Shining says, "If you want to know more, you should ask Kal'tsit, but why did you ask about her?"

Lin Yie smiles bitterly, "Because a lot of people told me to stay away from her."

Shining suddenly perks up, asking, "Why?"

Lin Yie looks at Shining in surprise, "You don't know the rumors about Skadi?"

"Just a little. They told me to stay away from her as well."

"Really?"

Shining nods, "Then, what do you think?"

"I don't know. I want to help her, but..."

Shining interrupts him, "Are you hesitating?"

"Maybe."

"You would hesitate about this," Shining says softly, "That's surprising."

Lin Yie is puzzled: "What do you mean?"

"Because the same thing happened before," Shining stares into Lin Yie's eyes and slowly speaks, "It was with Liz, remember? A month ago, almost everyone was against letting you approach her."

Lin Yie pauses.

"So why care about what others say?" Shining asks, "Why don't you trust what you see? You don't seem to be the type of person who would doubt their own judgment."

Lin Yie looks at the Shining in surprise. He can't help but feel his inner conflict seems a bit foolish.

That's right. Why don't I trust what I saw?

Lin Yie smiles: "You're right. Thanks for reminding me."

"You would have realized this sooner or later."

They chat a bit longer, before the topic shifts to combat power.

"Someone told me that Skadi's combat power is on the same level as you," Lin Yie asks, "Is that true?"

"Why compare her with me?" Shining says, "I'm just a doctor."

-------------------------

Draft by Tec

Proofread by PanzerComrade56