18.

"She doesn't know any jutsu's, and the chūnin exam is in a month. An average person can only learn so much jutsu's in a month, so how do you expect her to make it out alive." Obito shook his head. "You said you would be a good tutor so just teach me a few and I'll use my brain for the rest of the part." You shrug, eyeing him. "Y/n. It's not that easy. There is a chance you'll die." He frowned, worried for you.

"I'll know well it's not easy. I have a brain. Don't underestimate me, because you know well that I'm not some average person." You shook your head. He sighed, but eventually agreed. "Ok, but only if you complete five full jutsu's." He frowned. "Alright." You grumble and eyed team Kakashi. "Expect me to be a chūnin by this month." You winked.

Obito tossed you a forehead protector and pushed his papers aside, finished with signing everything. "How about a visit to the village?" He smiled at Kakashi and walked forward, arms crossed as he gently pushed his friend. "Sounds like a great idea." Kakashi agreed and left his students to go with Obito. You pulled out the book from behind the shelf and quickly shoved it down your hoodie again. Naruto approached you and placed a hand on your shoulder. "Why don't we go train?" He had a wide smile.

"Uhm, no thanks. I like training alone." You smiled back as you declined his offer. "Maybe a dinner instead." You giggle, confused as he turned red. "She isn't asking you out, dobe." Sasuke scoffed as he crossed his arms. Your face turned red at the thought of asking him out, and you scoffed in response, causing them both to look at you. "Right?" Sasuke asked, suddenly unsure whether you DID want to ask him out.

"Right. I have no interest in romantics. All there is pain and darkness in the path of love. Betrayal and everything I don't need." You shook your head. Naruto stared at you, surprised at your opinion on romance. "Welp, I'm going to go train now." You murmured as you opened the window. Without another word, you jumped out, kicking the window shut and landing in your knees. You were greeted by a surprised Neji, and your first instinct was to smile.

Without another word, you ran, noting mentally that you had to apologize for dipping later. You tied the forehead protector to your neck and continued forward until you stopped at the village gates with a sigh. Never had you ran that much because you never left home anymore. Back in the old world, of course. The old world...

"Oh, you're a genin now?" Izuno spoke from the shade of the tent, and you turned. "Oh- yeah. I guess." You laughed awkwardly, and Kotetsu shot up.

"Congratulations!" He gasped out, a wide smile on his face as he gave you a thumbs up of approval. You giggled. "Thanks." You spoke more confidently and waved a bye, which was warmly returned to you. The smile remained on your face as you walked, feeling good and happy.

You pulled the book out of your clothes and opened it, flipping through the thin, seemingly old paper. You stopped and set the book down. The black rain jutsu would have been useful if you had fire release. Your eyes landed on another jutsu. It was C-rank? "It said this was only B and A rank." You grumble, but do the handsigns after putting the book in your pocket.

Dragon, Tiger, Hare.

You took a deep breath, keeping chakra at your chest before blowing out and seeing water spray out of your mouth. It was a big body of water, and it slammed through a tree. Once you stopped blowing out water, you heard Zetsu spoke. "You can do that much because you have a big amount of chakra. If you get better at using your chakra it would be better." He grinned.

You shook your head and turned away, uninterested in his advice. "I'm trying to get strong enough to join the chūnin exams. Please, shush." You grumbled. He looked irritated for a brief moment but kept calm. "Do this jutsu and you'll manage to live." He ordered, flipping the pages and sitting next to you. You stared at the page, and your jaw dropped. "You want ME to do THAT?" You questioned, pointing at the water dragon jutsu. It wasn't the fact it was B-rank. It was the fact that there were literally over ten handsigns.

Ox, Monkey, Rabbit, Rat, Boar, Bird, Ox, Horse, Bird, Tiger, Dog, Tiger, Snake, Ox, Sheep, Snake, Boar, Sheep, Ox, Monkey, Bird, Dragon, Ox, Horse, Sheep, Tiger, Snake, Rat, Ox, Monkey, Bird, Rat, Boar, Monkey, Dragon, Bird, Ox, Horse, Sheep, Tiger, Snake, Rat, Monkey, Rabbit, Boar, Dragon, Ox, Rat, Ox, Monkey, Bird, Rat, Boar, Bird (yes. This is how many there are. 54.)

"Obito will allow you to join if you complete this, and you have a month. You can manage to complete most jutsu's without multiple tries so if you manage to do it fast enough, then you will definitely win. Or are you too scared, brat."