38.

Aa sorry for the lack of updating))

As you approached the gate with Sasuke, Naruto was marching up to the main gate with Sakura, who seemed confused. Kakashi just stood there, leaning against the wall and early. How surprising. 

As you approached them all, you opened the scroll and read through it swiftly. "Ok, we're meeting up with the rock village members at the border and we're both going to work together to retrieve a missing nin." You hummed, rolling it back quickly. "Uhh- don't be smug about anything." You told everybody, eyeing Sasuke. He just scoffed and looked away, flustered at your silent way of calling him out.

"Ok, let's start going now. I'm pretty sure we'll be there before nightfall. The others will give us more specific information there." You hum, mentally noting that you'll be dealing with arguments from the three if you knew them correctly.

And unsurprisingly after five minutes, Naruto was bickering about whatever people talk about in this world. Kakashi just eyed you with complete suspicion as you led the way, deep in thought. You were aware of the look he gave you but you didn't speak up about it. Not everybody could trust somebody anyways. You hum and look ahead, seeing more forest and trees.

"What are you thinking about" Sasuke demanded curiously, now next to you. You very slowly turned to him and shrugged. "Nothing much. I suppose. Just about the mission." You answer. This was only half way true. You were feeling pretty anxious about Deidara and the mission to capture him, but you were thinking about something else, though not entirely sure of specifically what a small vision flickered in your brain, and you quietly rubbed your own face with your hand. It looked like two people sitting in a.. classroom?

Sasuke blinked curiously, shoulders rising as he tried to think of something to talk about. "You don't have to talk to me if you don't want to. It doesn't really matter." You told him, chuckling lowly in amusement at how he was trying. He silently nodded and walked next to you in silence, enjoying the silence of nature. You listened as the trees rustled and the gentle breeze drifted past.

You sighed in defeat a few hours later. You all had arrived at the border and it was completely dark. You lifted your gaze as you saw silhouettes of people in the distance, and there were about three people. You sighed as you lifted your head. Deidara could literally be anywhere, the one way of attracting him was by blowing stuff up, no matter how weird it sounded to the others.

"Oi!" A snarky voice called out, making all four of you to turn your heads to the source of the voice. You narrowed your eyes at the people in the distance who now stood. "All of you guys are late." The voice continued, sounding quite entitled. You shook your head in disappointment at the fact you already didn't like him.
As you ignored his comment, you opened the scroll you held. "So mind telling us abo-" "hey! It's Naruto" an excited voice interrupted you, and a rather young girl with brown hair jumped out towards Naruto. You eyed her and blinked, silently staring at her as she technically fangirled over him. You stared at her, a familiar feeling overwhelming you. Your vision blurred for a moment and you nearly fell over, but the person in the back jumped forward, catching you and silently setting you up.

"Be careful." His dark voice murmured. He had midlong hair that was a light shade of purple,  his hair was tied up into a half-up, additionally he looked extremely nervous about something, looking anywhere but at you.

You stared up at him and felt goosebumps run all over your body but you quickly nodded, embarrassed. "S-sorry." You murmured, something about him also reminding you of something, or something, deep down. It tugged at your thoughts and it bothered you, but you just couldn't get your hands on it.

How strange this feeling was. You felt your vision flash more rapidly, showing visions of one girl and one boy sitting in a field, as if something was trying to tell you something important.

(Art of the boy posted above^^)