03 | Boggart

A/N Because the last two chapters have been rewritten and this one not yet, it's in first person and present tense instead of third person and past tense.

September, 1995

I wake up with an alarming amount of pain in my head as I open my eyes. I only had two hours of sleep since I went to bed. I feel nauseous and I don't really feel like eating anything, so I decide to skip breakfast.

I can't remember a lot from last night, but I do definitely remember what happened with Draco very well. I get goosebumps thinking about it and I'm not really sure if they're good or bad.

I walk up to my big mirror, noticing I look like a fucking mess right away. I sigh as I try to clean my face and brush my hair. I put my hair into a ponytail and quickly put on my Slytherin uniform and robe.

I have huge dark circles underneath my eyes, but don't bother to cover them up with make-up. I never show up late and this day won't be any different.

Then I softly gasp at the sight of three hickeys in my neck and my eyes widen as I trace my fingers over the bruised skin. What. The. Fuck?

I move away from the mirror, trying to remember anything or anyone from last night that might have put them there, but I can't.

I move towards my desk and notice my schedule for this year, I didn't even take a look at it yet, being preoccupied with fucking teenage drama. I grab my schedule and take a quick look at the piece of parchment.

Core classes

-Astronomy (Aurora Sinistra)-Charms (Filius Flitwick)-Defence against the dark arts (Remus Lupin)-Herbology (Pomona Sprout)-History of magic (by Cuthbert Binns)-Potions (Severus Snape)-Transfiguration (Minerva McGonnagall)

Optional classes
-Care of magical creatures (Rubeus Hagrid)
-Ancient runes (Bathsheda Babbling)
-Divination (Firenze)

Extracurricular classes
-Art (Filius Flitwick)
-Music (Filius Flitwick)

There's a lot of things you can say about me, except for calling me unintelligent. School has always come easy for me. The teachers like me and I never really have to study hard to achieve good grades. The countless times I have wondered why I haven't been placed in Ravenclaw... It has always been the house of my dreams and I adore Ravenclaws.

As I flip the parchment I trace my eyes over my weekly schedule and find out I start off with Defence Against The Dark Arts today. How fucking great.

I gather my books for the day and look at the box in which my wand is safely packed. It's a 13'' hornbeam wood wand, with a Phoenix feather core and solid flexibility. I carefully grab my wand out of the box and trace my fingers over it.

Hornbeam selects for its life mate the talented witch or wizard with a single, pure passion, which some might call obsession, though I prefer the term vision, which will almost always be realized. A Phoenix feather is the rarest core type. Feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer to reveal this. Wands with this core are the hardest to tame and to personalize. I love it so much.

I glance at my clock and notice it's time to go. I place my wand into my robe and pull my bag over my shoulder. One last look in the mirror and one last deep breath. I am fine. I am okay.

As I walk up to the classroom through the halls i notice people are staring at me. That shit happens very often but now it feels different.

I decide to ignore it for now and continue walking to class. On my way I hear a few people whisper ''she did it again'', ''she's so easy'', ''how can someone be such a slut'', which makes me frown my eyebrows, not knowing what it is about.