39. The mystery named Draco Malfoy

How can you miss someone you've never met?
'Cause I need you now but I don't know you yet
But can you find me soon because I'm in my head?
Yeah, I need you now but I don't know you yet
— 'IDK YOU YET' by Alexander 23

November, 1996

~\~ Bella Huxley ~\~

Professor Lupin carefully opens a box and I can't believe my eyes as soon as an angry, very angry Draco Malfoy appears and starts walking up to me.

I can't think anymore. I freeze, totally forgetting everything I have been taught to do to make it disappear.

As I look into his angry eyes, I bend over and throw up all over the floor, not being able to control it anymore. I hear different voices and reactions behind me, but I ignore them as I'm able to refocus myself after getting that out of my system. I imagine Draco in only a pink skirt and yell ''Riddikulus!''

The angry Draco transforms into an ashamed one, with only a pink skirt on. I try my best to contain my smirk at the sight of him, knowing the whole class sees exactly what I'm seeing right now.

''Good job Miss Diggory! Let's just ignore the inconvenience!'' Lupin says, making the Boggart disappear into the box again.

The whole class is laughing at Draco right now and as I slowly turn around I see Draco watching me with fire in his eyes.

I gasp and rise from my pillow, eyes wide and armpits sweaty. It was a dream. A very vivid one, but it was just a dream, which is weird because I usually never remember them. I rub my eyes and stretch myself as I blankly look in front of me.

It's been a few weeks since the party. I have been avoiding every single person after that party. I know people have been talking about me 'having sex with Adrian, but calling it rape', hence the reason I have been spending most of my time in my own room.

I needed time to myself and I needed time to think about how to handle this whole situation I'm in, this weird Draco Malfoy situation.

Things don't add up. It just all doesn't make sense anymore. The fact that I didn't know Draco Malfoy is what haunts me the most. But he seems to know me very well. He knew about my deepest, darkest secret and had the guts to use it against me. Maybe Pansy or Adrian told him about it? Sam or Blaise weren't there when it happened, so they wouldn't know. But at the same time they were there helping me to get my revenge...

Although Draco's words hurt me more than I care to admit, I feel this connection with him which I can't seem to pinpoint. I don't even know what kind of connection it is. It's just there constantly, forcing me to think about him.

And those flashes right after I fell from the coffee table. I'm still wondering what it was. Was it real and happening right at that moment? Maybe he planted some images in my head with some weird kind of magic to confuse me? Or maybe it was a vision trying to warn me for the future?

All of my thinkings this past week made me conclude one thing though. He knows something about me I don't know myself. And he's hiding it from me.

I noticed he started skipping some of the classes he's supposed to be attending. That means he started working on his tasks. He fucking knows I am supposed to help him but he doesn't include me. He is trying to avoid as much as I am trying to avoid him.

Fuck... This boy is one big mystery. And although I'm still mad at him and think he is a complete arse, he is on the same side. I still need to unravel what is hidden behind those walls in order to work with him. And that starts with the two persons that have been behind those walls: Blaise and Sam.