BTS in HSM

In my pathetic attempt to escape all the assignments and essays, I have decided to rewatch all High School Musical films. So let's build an imaginery high school with our boys.

Jungkook as Troy Bolton

As soon as I saw the overly dramatic scene of Gotta Go My Own Way in HSM 2, I knew Troy is a role crafted for Jungkook. The drama, the emotion — just remember I Need U. Troy Bolton is the main character, who expresses the most depth and inner struggle in the entire series. Some of the conflicts he deals with are his forced choice between theatre and basketball, focusing on his own dreams vs friends and his questionable choice in school lunches (Remember the plain bread he ate on the roof in HSM 1?), which reminds me of Jungkook's past struggle between his playboy and good boy personality that has been (?) resolved after Kook reached adulthood. Plus I would pay a fortune to see Jungkook perform Bet On It just once in his lifetime, that song and the scene is a masterpiece that is just perfect for Kook, both vocal and actingwise.

Jimin as Gabriella Montez

Sweet voice, sweet smile and tears in each film? Jimin is the perfect Gabriella. They both have a cheerful and friendly personality, both are loyal to their friends and both can be dramatic as hell. Gabriella sang exactly three breakup songs, which would sound amazing with Jimin's vocals, which also compliment Jungkook's powerful voice.

Taehyung as Chad Danforth

Chad is the certified jock of the series, his head is filled with basketball only and often comes across as a comic relief character. Both come off as carefree and sometimes a bit dumb (yes, Taehyung is very, very intelligent, though he's still a himbo), but their loyalty to their friends is astronomical. Corbin Bleu's and Taehyung's voices have completely different ranges. Nevertheless, I think Taehyung and Jungkook would sound great together in The Boys Are Back. And having Tae and Kook play best friends? That's just so sweet.

Namjoon as Taylor McKessie

Taylor is the highly intelligent, eloquent, mature and independent friend of Gabriella, who also shows her the ropes in her new school. She's stubborn, observant and not afraid to speak her mind, like Namjoon, although she often acts like a mediator and the middle-man, working in the background with the rest of her friends to help those who need it. Despite her naturally fiery temper, she's able to compose herself and be diplomatic in times of need. If you needed a loyal best friend to guide you through the jungle of a new school, Namjoon would be the best pick, just like Taylor.

Seokjin as Sharpay Evans

Need an excess of pink, glitter and confidence in their own skills? Sharpay is your woman, just like Seokjin is your man. They both carry themselves with no shame, have a set goal in mind that they pursue to the end of the world. Once they step into the room, their presence can be felt in all corners. And while Sharpay uses dirty tricks and foul play to achieve what she wants, Seokjin doesn't necessarily go that far. However, the role of a mean girl would fit him really well.

Hoseok as Ryan Evans

Both Ryan and Hoseok come off as goofy at first, but the more you get to know them, the more you realise how intelligent and how much of common sense they actually have, though they rather put on a smile and act like they have no idea. Under their carefree personas hides an ambitious and confident artist who wants to share his art with the world. I believe Hoseok and Seokjin would make an amazing duo of "antagonists" since they're both funny, have an amazing chemistry and are dramatic enough to pull off these ridiculously cartoonish characters.

Yoongi as Kelsi Nielsen

We see Kelsi practically glued to the piano, always composing the songs worth of a Disney teen romantic drama. When she finally finds a way to leave her seat, she's always there to help the others, even if her compassion and helpfulness is practically taken for granted. But just like Yoongi, she's always there for her friends even if she's more of a background character. Also Olesya Rulin's acting attempt at tripping in the first film really reminded me of Yoongi's supposed acting skills and I'd really, really like to see him attempt the fall.