Chapter 1~ First day

Tris POV

Beep beep beep

I wake up to my annoying alarm clock signaling for me to get up. I pull myself out of bed, and go to my closet. It's my first day of high school at a brand new school. I dress in my favorite summer dress and my coral wedges. (Pic above!) I put my hair into a fishtail braid, and put on some lip gloss. Some light eyeshadow and mascara. I also add eyeliner and concealer where I need it. I grab my school bag and phone and head downstairs.

"Good morning bea." My mother greets me. I go by tris but she still likes to call me bea. "Ready for school?" She asks and I simply nod. "Nervous?" She asks and I nod. "Yea. I definitely have butterflies." I joke and I grab an apple. I finish it by the time caleb- my brother, comes down. "Ready?" He asks. I nod. He's driving me till I buy a new car, I crashed mine a few months ago. My parents were pissed, and my punishment was caleb had to drive me everywhere!

He parks after 10 minutes of driving, I get out and head towards the main office. "Hello!" A lady greets me, her long black hair is curled and she's dressed in a bright pink pantsuit. "Hi. I'm new, and I need my schedule." I say and she looks to her computer. "Tris Prior?" She asks and I confirm. "Welcome sweets! Here's your schedule and your locker number. Oh and your combo! Have a good day!" With that I head towards my locker.

Locker #246. Combo- 66-10-44
I find it and a girl is beside me getting into her locker. She has mocha skin and black curled hair. She humming to a tune I've heard on the radio. I open my locker and she looks over, "Hi!" She says with lots of enthusiasm. "Hi." I reply back. "I'm Christina! You must be new.." She says and I nod. "Tris." I say and instead of shaking my hand she hugs me! I can't help but laugh which makes her smile. "We are going to be best friends!!" She exclaims. "Can I see your schedule??" I nod and hand it to her. "We have... All the same classes!!!" She squeals. I smile. "Can you show me my first class?" I ask and she nods. I shut my locker and follow her. "I love your outfit by the way!" She says. "Thanks." We enter the classroom, science is my first period. I take a seat next to Christina.

"This is Marlene, Shauna and Lynn." Christina introduces me. "Hi I'm tris." I say and mar hugs me too. "Your going to fit right in!" She says. I laugh and Shauna laughs too. "It's nice to meet you." Shauna says and thankfully she didn't hug me! "Hey girls!" A boy comes over to our table. "Uriah go back and sit with your guy friends, we are talking here." Marlene says and he kisses her. They must be dating. "I'm uriah, mar's boyfriend." He introduces himself. "Hi. I'm tris." I say and he smiles. "My brother over there, is Zeke." He says pointing to a boy who's flying a paper airplane. "Yep. That losers with me!" Shauna says and I see Christina smile. "And that's four." He says pointing to a boy with brown hair, and blue eyes. His eyes though aren't just any blue, they're striking!

The teacher comes in and class begins.