Ch 15: The truth and the lie

Zaine

Eight days have passed and I am enjoying every day of work because the tasks I have are lighter than before and I am no longer working over time. I need to enjoy this while it lasts.

"You're acting a little strange these days, miss Jung," Geonwoo pointed out.

I raised a brow at him to intimidate him, then he let out a nervous chuckle. "I-I mean like the good kind of strange."

What I don't like about Geonwoo is that he is too vocal and honest to the point that it gets very annoying.

"Bellatrix LeStrange? Or doctor strange?" Vanessa asked and laughed, making both Geonwoo and me look at her with confused expressions.

"Harry Potter? Doctor Strange, the movie?" She shrugged.

"We know, but," I paused, giving her a look of confusion. "We don't get it. That wasn't even funny."

Bellatrix LeStrange is never a good kind of strange. What is going on in this girl's head?

"I appreciate your effort though," Geonwoo said as he patted her shoulder. "And I still love you, don't worry."

Vanessa laughed and hugged him, and as the two were sharing their sweet sister-brother-like moment, I feel the need to go to the bathroom.

"Excuse me for bit," I said and walked away from them, rushing up to the ladies' comfort room.

After doing what I got to do, I went out of the cubicle and to my surprise, I saw secretary Go Doyeon went out of a cubicle the same time as me.

I smiled at her and she smiled back, although I could see that it was a little fake.

She walked up to one of the sinks and started rummaging through her red make-up bag. And I stared at her with crossed brows as I wondered why did she gave me a fake smile.

"Are you okay, Doyeon?" I asked and went to the sink beside hers.

She took a few tools out of her bag then sighed. "Fine."

"If you say so," I muttered, not convinced.

Secretary Go never acted this way before. If anyone would act like this it would definitely be me. Miss Go is always a shy yet sweet girl.

Maybe she is just stressed by the amount of work she has being the secretary of this company.

"How are you and Junkyu?" She suddenly asked out of the blue, with her nonchalant voice.

"Fine," I replied, not wanting to go on full detail.

"How about you and mister Park?" She asked, glancing at me. "You two doing good?"

I furrowed my brows because there was something weird in the way she said that. And I am not that naive to not notice it.

I turned my head away as soon as I remembered that secretary Go is madly in love with Park Jihoon. Is she somehow noticing that me and Jihoon are often together now rather than before?

Should I lie? Or should I not?

Oh, there's no time to think clearly.

"Y-yeah, good," I answered, regretting that I stuttered.

I then turned on the faucet and started washing my hands. Of course, what else would I do to make myself a little more less conspicuous to miss Go. But why am I feeling nervous? This is so unlike me.

"I have been hearing rumors that," she paused to apply the pink matte liptick on her lips. "You and mister Park are dating."

"What? No!" I laughed, almost over reacting. "That's ridiculous."