Ch 23: Bestfriend date

Since I haven't been with Vanessa for quite a few days, and since I have been ignoring her messages and calls, I have decided to spend the whole night with her. The twilight sky seemed beautiful as ever while the two of us are walking on the stone pavements, arms linked together and our feet moving in sync.

Jihoon bid us goodbye earlier and insisted on driving the both of us to our destination. But I insisted that he don't since I want to spend this day all for Vanessa only. Besides, walking with her takes us to different places. Its like her magical feet has a mind of its own.

"I know what you did back there earlier," Vanessa said, breaking the silence. "And I... I appreciate it."

"I thought it'd be better if I just reject him straightforwardly," I stated.

"But, Zaine," she called me so I hummed. "He was hurt. Junkyu felt broken hearted."

"Then take that chance to comfort him, be by his side," I suggested, shrugging my shoulders.

She stopped in his tracks and looked at me with narrowed eyes. "I know you can be aloof and a little mean sometimes but can't you have atleast some little heart for Junkyu?"

I remained silent. I honestly don't get what she means. But I have a hunch that she is trying to tell me to pity, or give sympathy to him just a little bit.

"You could have rejected him in a nicer way," she sighed and we continued walking. "When he gets hurt, I get hurt too, you know."

"I'm sorry then," I muttered, gulping afterwards since I don't really like saying sorry.

"Its okay," she assured and then shot me a smile. "You should be happy today since we're spending this night all to ourselves. Sorry for making you feel bad."

She rested her head on my shoulder as we walked and I chuckled softly, resting my head on top of hers. We look like a bisexual couple right now by how sweet we are but I don't really care what the strangers will think. This is how me and my bestfriend show affection for each other.

Vanessa and I reached a small nook in a brown and yellow theme, surrounded by tall and thick trees with fairy lights hanging upon the branches. The lo-fi music in the wooden nook gave so much of a chill atmosphere which made me feel so comfortable. I like it here. I knew that walking with Vanessa would take us to various magical places.

I told Vanessa what I chose in their menu then she went to the lady on the counter to order. Oddly, the cashier lady is wearing some yellow short-sleeved dress with a brown apron on top of it, then her hat is shaped into some sort of drizzle, like the shape of a soft ice cream. The thing that bothered me is that the color if it is brown. And I don't know exactly how to feel about that.

Vanessa came back with the tray of our orders. The platter of food looks so delicious and appetizing. It made me smile from ear to ear.

"Now, now, just wait, Zizi," Vanessa cooed in a tone like how she would talk to a dog.

I rolled my eyes at her because she is teasing me once again. Unlike before, I don't have the temper of a pot with hot boiling water anymore. Besides, its only a small tease, its no big deal.

"Where did you even get your money?" I asked her as I stared at the number of meals that she placed on our table.

"Have you forgotten?" She raised a brow at me while sitting down on the chair opposite to mine. "Its pay day."

"Oh, right!" I clapped my hands softly.

As we dug into our food, I thought if my salary decreased since I had taken a few day offs which was covered by Jihoon. Jihoon may be our boss but I bet that the chairman is the one who's giving us our salaries. Did Jihoon excuse me to him?