Ch 43: Desperate hopes

"Well, if I can't have you..." she paused then softly. "Then no one will."

Another gunshot has been heard and my heart ached, broke into pieces as I watch Jihoon clutch his stomach with blood seeping through his clothes as he slowly fell down to the ground.

"Jihoon!" I screamed.

I can't lose you too...

A police fired his gun and shot it at Doyeon's shoulder. She screamed shortly and held her bleeding wound while the police started running towards her, cuffing her hands behind her back and taking her out of the rooftop. They also cuffed Geonwoo and took him away with him blabbering lies to get himself free.

I scurried to Jihoon to comfort and aid him but medics already bursted through the door with a folded stretcher. They lifted Jihoon on the bed and went down while here I am, helplessly following them.

Everything is a mess when we got down. There were police cars and motorcycles, ambulances, and a lot of bypassers who are taking pictures and videos. I wanted to talk and hold Jihoon but the nurses won't let me touch him.

"I'm sorry ma'am, please back away," one of them said as they continued aiding to Jihoon.

I turned around when I heard Junkyu's voice crying. I walked towards them and saw Vanessa---covered in blood and shards of glass---lying on the stretcher as the nurses placed her up inside the ambulance. Junkyu turned to me with red puffy eyes. He was crying.

What about Junkyu now that Vanessa is gone? They loved each other yet they weren't able to say it. How will he overcome this loss?

We enveloped each other in a tight embrace and I couldn't help but let go of all the emotions I am feeling right now. Sadness. I have never really felt pure sadness until now.

"She risked my life for me..." I whispered, still sobbing on his chest. "She died because of me."

"Its no one's fault," Junkyu said as he pulled away from the hug, then he held my arms. "No one wanted this."

I turned to my right and saw Doyeon being pushed inside a police car with her hands cuffed. But she's not sad, instead, she's smiling at me. I was about to get angry and lash towards her but then I remembered; Vanessa wouldn't want me to be mad, to hold grudges. She'd want me to forgive like what she always does.

I heard Jihoon's stretcher being placed inside the ambulance so I ran towards him and climbed up in a haste, and when I finally sat beside him I took his hand into mine. His eyes slowly fluttered open, which made me sigh heavily.

"You stay awake, you understand?" I told him, and he nodded weakly.

With his other hand, he reached for my face and caressed my cheeks. Then he whispered, "I'll be alright."

I smiled and closed my eyes as I cry while holding his hand tight. Even when badly hurt, he still manages to stay calm make me think that everything is fine.

Before they closed the doors of the ambulance, I watched as Junkyu, Hyunsuk, and Yoshi sat beside Vanessa who's on the stretcher. Junkyu was holding her hand as he cried, and that was the last thing I saw before they closed the doors of the ambulances.

We arrived at the hospital rather quickly, and from there on I wasn't able to stick with Jihoon or Vanessa anymore. Junkyu, Hyunsuk, and Yoshinori wasn't able too. We sat by the benches out of the emergency rooms, waiting and hoping that they would both be alright.

Maybe Vanessa could have still survived despite falling from a building with almost a hundred floors, despite the countless shards of glass on her skin, and despite the amount of blood she already had lost. Maybe. Just maybe.