285

I am so sorry about this. I am actually crying right now. It's so heartbreaking but it only made sense to the story so keep that in mind.

Again, I am so sorry!

-

May 28th of 2017

"No, please!" A voice cried, slowly waking me from my sleep on the mattress that had been provided to me the first night I was here. "Why are you doing this? Please let me go home! I wanna go home!"

My eyes widened when I recognized the voice and I immediately sat up.

"Let go of her!" I screamed at Adrian as he threw my sister on the floor. She was crying violently and that made me cry too.

"Vivi!" She cried and that's when he slapped her across the face, causing her to cry even more.

"Get over there!" He pointed towards me and my sister ran over to me as fast as she could, throwing herself in my arms.

I held her tightly, rocking her in my arms as we both cried. I watched as Adrian walked over and grabbed the chains, wrapping the other cuff around the ankle of Veronica.

"She's only nine years old." I cried. "Please. Torture me. Fucking kill me but let her go. She doesn't deserve this."

"You want her to go home?" He asked with a cocked eyebrow. "Well then I killed your father for no reason."

What.

"No—"

I didn't know how to react. My heart dropped and my thoughts immediately scattered everything. The tight grip on my sister loosened but I still held her in my arms.

No.

He was lying. My dad wasn't...

No.

"I don't believe you."

"You don't?" He asked and stood up. "Ask your sister. She saw it all."

He turned around and as soon as he walked out, I threw my head back against the wall, crying into the room.

No.

Tell me it's not true.

"Who is that man, Vivi?" Ronnie asked, looking up at me. I looked back down at her and tried to keep on a brave face as I wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"He's mum's father."

"But—" she sobbed, then her bottom lip started trembling again and she let out a cry. "Why would he kill dad."

Stop.

"Dad's not—"

"I was just playing outside." She cried and put her head against my chest again. "I was playing with my imaginary friend and then this man grabbed me. Dad tried to get me back but the man pointed his wand at him and this green light hit dad and he fell back. He wasn't moving."

No.
Stop.
Stop.
Stop.

"It's going to be okay." I cried, hugging Ronnie tighter. "I'm here. I won't let him hurt you."

It took hours but eventually she calmed down and fell asleep in my arms, leaving me with my thoughts. I kept thinking about dad. I kept crying when I saw him in my head. I couldn't believe it. It had to be a dream.

"Do you want a ponytail or do you want braids?" Dad asked, looking at me through the mirror as he brushed my hair with the brush.

"Ponytail."

"Alright. Ponytail." He nodded with a smile but as he pulled my hair up into a high ponytail, I changed my mind.

"Wait, no! A braid!"

He glanced at me, then chuckled and let my hair down, diving it in three.

"No, two braids!" I changed my mind again and dad sighed as he looked at me.

"Vivi. Make up your mind." He told me, though the smile never left his face. "Ponytail or braids?"

"Braids." I nodded. "Yes. Two braids. I promise I won't change my mind again."

I squeezed my eyes shut. He was such a good father. He never complained about anything. He just loved spending time with us and it didn't matter if it was doing the hair on me and my sisters or if it was giving his kids the talk.

He found it funny the day he and mum had to give us the talk. He would laugh and act like a virgin teenage boy while mum took the topic more seriously.

Fuck.

I couldn't believe I was talking about him in past tense. No. He wasn't dead. He couldn't be dead. I could feel it. He was alive. My dad was alive and it hadn't been the killing curse. It couldn't have been.

It wasn't supposed to go like this. We were supposed to be happy. A happy family with no more losses. Everything was supposed to be okay again. They were supposed to catch Luke and I wouldn't have to worry about anything anymore. We could go back to the flat, I could continue school and everything would be amazing. I'd grow old, my dad would walk me down the aisle...

Realization hit me.

I clamped a hand over my mouth and cried violently into it.

This isn't happening.
This isn't hap—

"Vivi." Luke.

I opened my eyes to see him approach, his eyebrows in a frown and hurt in his eyes. I shook my head at him before leaning my head against Ronnie's, closing my eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Vivi."

"Go away." I cried. "Get us out of here or go away. I don't want to look at you and I don't want to talk to you. Just— leave me the fuck alone."

So... hate me? Yeah... I thought so. I hate me too.

Next chapter is Lizzie's P.O.V so be prepared.