Chapter Nine

Austin's POV

"Pass it over here!" I yelled as I ran faster toward the opposite team's goal, Trevor passed me the ball swiftly as I ran, dodging the opposite team with a slide and a kick. When I reached closer to the goal I pulled my right foot back and pushed forward at light speed scoring a point for our team, sweat was dripping down my face as my teammates came and hugged me as well as gave me high fives. "Good game guys!" I said as the coach blew the whistle "Right people head to the shower!" he yelled as we began walking back to the boy's locker room. I glanced around and saw Emma and Iris practicing cheerleading, I walked up to them Trevor waking by my side.

"Hi girls," I said as they just finished their routine Iris and Emma came walking towards us "Jeez do you boys sweat" Emma said as she waved her hand over her nose "Yeah well we work hard being on the soccer team" Emma scoffed as she whipped her hair in Trevor's direction "Hey! Don't give me sass" I laughed as I stood closer to Iris "So how's practice going?" she asked as I looked at her "It's going good, I'm still the number one player carrying the team" "You wish Carson, you're only good cause you're lucky with shots!"

We laughed at Trevor as he was now fighting with Emma over something "So how's cheerleading?" she smiled sweetly as she turned to her teammates "It's good other than Scarlett being the center of attention" I nodded my head as I glanced at her team as they were talking amongst themselves "Looks pretty normal to me" "Just wait till your part of their conversation"

We laughed a bit as I stared at her, her eyes sparkled as the sun's rays touched her skin, her hair tied up in a ponytail making her face reveal more. Her eyes met mine "What are you staring at?" she smirked as I smirked back "Only my pretty friend Iris" I leaned down close to her face as a blush was painted on her cheeks. "Excuse me, what am I a roach?" we laughed at Emma as she was tugging at Trevor's hair "You're pretty too Emma," I said as she showed me her middle finger, and to that I blew her a kiss "Alright guys, class might start soon we gotta go" Trevor said as I put my arm around Iris and we began walking to our locker rooms.

Not long after we showered and were now getting dressed, of course, the boys' locker room smelled of sweat and men's body spray as well as hair spray. I was packing my clothes away when Eric walked up to me "Hey Carson I heard you're boyfriend is back in town" Did my ears hear wrong, or was I just imagining things "What?" I said as I looked up at him, Eric was taller than me by about four inches he has pale skin with freckles on his nose and cheeks, and his hair was dirty blonde but his attitude was shit.

"You heard me, that church boy is back" I stared straight at Eric as he puffed out his chest looking down at me, I frowned my eyebrows as the other guys were watching us "Don't call him church boy," I said as I moved closer to him "What are you going to do about it farm boy?" he was inches away from me, it took me every atom in my body to resist punching him, I bit my tongue and started breathing very slowly. "Oh man would you look at the time damn, Austin and I have English now and the bell's about to ring, I guess we're going now" Max grabbed his bag and put his hand on my shoulder moving me away from him as we started waking away "See ya guy's" he waved as we walked away out of sight. "He's a coward for having his friends fight his battles for him," Eric said "Max didn't fight his battle for him," Trevor said as he closed his locker and glared at Eric "He told him that wasting his breath on you right here right now, is a waste" and with that he had left.

"I fucking hate Eric," I said as I tugged some of my hair "Yes yes, we all hate him," Max said as we began walking to class "How about we set his car on fire after school" Trevor joined in "And get expelled? No way" I said "Hey do you think Issac is back" Max asked "Yeah, didn't he say he was coming back in a few years?" I stayed quiet thinking about it "He did but, I never got one letter from him I never spoke to him once" "Dude, that sucks I wonder why" We stayed quiet as we reached English class although Trevor had History so he dropped us off and walked on. I walked in class like usual, nothing out of the ordinary but, I could hear everyone talking and whispering as they glanced at me.

I turned around to some girl behind me, I tapped my pen on her desk to get her attention "Hey what's everyone talking about?" she gave me a playful smile as she tucked her hair behind her ear "They're talking about Issac Mellow, the church boy?" I flicked my tongue at the nickname they gave him as my eyebrows came together "Yeah but like, what about him?" She rolled her eyes as she sighed moving closer to me "Rumor has it Issac Mellow came back today" My eyes widened at her words "Did you see him?" I asked, she shook her head and raised her arms "I didn't see him, some did some didn't but, the last place someone saw him he was heading to the vice principal with some Japanese guy"

Japanese guy? "Are you sure it was him?" she frowned "Why so obsessed with church boy, farm boy?" I slammed my fist against her desk in frustration "Don't call us that!" I yelled, I startled her as everyone had eyes on me. I looked around as everyone's eyes were on me. "Mr. Carson Vice principal's office right now" I sighed as I picked up my bag and began walking out of class. Why was I getting so angry when they called him church boy, why didn't he tell me he was here and why am I the last to know? I walked into the vice principal's office and knocked on the door I looked around but, no one was there "Well, aren't you a sight for sore eyes" I turned around to that oh-so-familiar voice and saw Issac standing next to the door frame with someone new standing next to him.