Chapter One

Austin's POV

five months later "Mr. and Mrs. Mellow and of course Issac, how are you?" my mom greeted them warmly as they walked into the house shaking her hand "Hello, it's nice to see you again" I greeted standing next to me mom "Hey there Austin" Mr. Mellow greeted me as his wife smiled brightly taking off her coat. "Hey, why don't you guys go play upstairs in Austin's room" my mother suggested as I tried to suppress the urge to roll my eyes "Alright, follow me," I said as I began walking upstairs to my room as he followed behind me.

I wasn't exactly sure why the Mellows came over for the third time this week but, it's something worth talking about. I opened the door and let Issac walk first into my room. This time it was the first time he entered my room. The other times we would be outside or we stayed with the grown-ups. Not today. Today, I was alone with him, in my room. I felt a little nervous "Do you have any books to read?" he asked as he's eyes wandered around my room, his eyes traveled everywhere as if he were studying my room.

"Uh yeah but, I don't have many I usually um, write in books" I handed him one of my old reading books from my desk and he took it hesitantly, shaking a little before grabbing it. "It won't bite you" I laughed trying it make the mood a bit lighter "That's not the problem" I watched as he took a seat by my desk and began reading. It was strange, he looked like he just came out of school and was studying for a test he had the next day. We go to two different schools, I go to a more public school and of course, he's at a private school. Figures. "So.. Uh, how's the weather?" I asked trying to start a conversation.

"It's alright" "how's the book?" "Can you not?" "Sorry," I averted my gaze elsewhere to try and find something to keep myself busy "Hey Austin! Could you help me?" I heard Dad yell from downstairs "I'll be on my way!" I yelled back. I looked at him one more time before opening my mouth. "Hey, I'll be back I just got to uh" "Yes I heard, you may leave" I may leave. This is my room! I decided not to anger him, last time I frustrated him he had this look of death in his eyes, and when I saw that after spilling hay on his clothes one time in the barn, I ran for the hills.

I walked out looking where Dad was to help him with whatever he wanted and found him in the kitchen. "Hey Dad, need something?" I asked as Dad was well.. trying to cook. "Hey, know where your mom keeps the basil?" he asked as he began chopping onions "Yeah, it's in the herb container over there" I pointed "Thanks, uh which one is it?" "The green one" "They're all green" I walked over towards the jar and pointed at the 'green one' I meant "Ah good thanks kiddo" "Have you read the poems I've been working on?" I asked, "Yes, it's really good son but, you should work on getting more descriptive words okay?"

I nodded my head "I know but, I don't know many big words" "I have a dictionary in my office room you can use it if you want" "Really? Thanks" I smiled brightly. "Alright, you better get back to your friend while I try and cook dinner" he ruffled my hair. "Can I have my poems and short stories back?" I asked before I left "I put them in your room" "O-okay, bye Dad" And with that, I bolted upstairs towards my room, I knew there was someone in my room who was reading books, and oh boy if he read my things... I'm screwed

I opened the door to find him reading my book, my private book "Hey, put that down!" I yelled as I walked up to him to grab the book but, he just held it away from me. "W-wait I'm reading" "Give it back!" I yelled as I tried to grab the book out of his hand, I jumped and pushed forward desperately trying to grab the book my leg moved forward in between his making my foot move back tripping both him and me as we fell. The book and papers flew in the air falling to the ground around us, I opened my eyes after having them close from the reaction of falling to notice I was on top of Issac.

I stared at him as his eyes slowly pried open staring back at me, my hands were directly next to his head, leg in between his... We stared at each other for a little, I stared at his ocean-blue eyes, I stared at the tiny freckles he had under his eyes directly on his cheeks, his pink lips that were slightly parted. I stared at his pale skin wondering what he was thinking, until Isaac's eyebrows grew together and yelled "Get off of me" he pulled his legs up and kicked me right in the gut. I flew back clutching onto my stomach from the impact, gasping for air as the wind was kicked out of me.

"Issac, time to go!" we heard my mom yell from downstairs. He looked at me one more time and left the room. I quickly got up and tried walking like a normal person downstairs not clutching onto my stomach to make it not noticeable. "Did you have a good time dear?" his mother asked "Yes, yes I did" he replied as I stood next to my mom who had held the door open for them to leave. "Thank you again for coming, we'll see you Sunday" She waved them goodbye and closed the door. I walked away hoping I could just lie down and forget everything that happened "Austin, are you alright?" I turned to her and nodded my head "Just tired" I said as I walked back up the stairs.

I opened the door to my room and saw the mess I had left. I can't believe he had the nerve to read my stuff! I mean I don't think I told him, what to read and what not to read but, you don't go poking your nose in other people's stuff. I slowly picked everything up and put them away. I walked towards my bed slammed down back first and rested. I placed my hand above my face remembering what happened. That moment we shared. My heart started beating fast as I thought about it, why was my heart beating so fast!?