Chapter Five

Issac's POV

"Alright, ladies are on the right, and men you're on the left!" The swimming coach had yelled at us. It was understandable that the girls and boys were separated. I mean, the girls were barely wearing clothing and some of the boys loved being shirtless for some strange reason. I was impressed at how big the pools are, it reminds me of a cesspool I once saw. We are an equal set of boys and girls in class so that means there was a team leader. Emma was the leader of our class's swimming team for the girls, I had wondered who our leader was.

I assumed Austin wouldn't be swimming today since he had a bad injury yesterday. So instead of hanging around him, I stayed away from him, I avoided him. Does it bother me? Not really, I have more important things to think about. We were told to get into the water and wait for our leader to come out. I expected some tall kid to be our leader but, I was wrong. Since Austin was still injured I didn't expect him to do swimming today but, I was indeed wrong. My eyes were fixated on Austin as he walked out of the changing room in his swimsuit and stood on the diving board. "Alright everyone, I want a team of two. We're going to see who can swim the fastest from one end to the other."

I was amazed Austin's wounds healed so quickly, the scratches he had on him were almost completely healed. I glanced around at some of the other kids hoping to find a partner but, it would appear everyone had a partner already. "Issac, you're swimming with me. You haven't forgotten we still race to finish?" A small smirk appeared on his face as I returned the same expression. "You're on" We got in a position to swim, and the swimming coach recorded how long it took us to swim from one side to the other, although I don't understand how he'd record everyone at once, I wouldn't question it.

I was first to swim, once I reached the other side Austin would dive into the water and start swimming. The first one to complete a lap wins. "Alright first one to swim from one end to the other wins, swim longer than two minutes and you fail, isn't that right coach" Austin yelled to everyone as the swimming coach gave him a thumbs up. "Three" the coach started counting down as I put my goggles on and stood in position. "Two" I glanced at Austin from the other side as he stood there with his arms folded staring at me. I bent down and got into the diving position as I waited for the whistle He nodded his head at me as I nodded mine. I need to be focused, I won't lose "One, Dive!" and there he blew the whistle. I took in a deep breath and dove in and started swimming as fast as I could.

I had one goal and one thing on my mind. To beat Austin. As fast as my body could go I reached the other side and slammed my hand against the diving board to indicate he had to swim. I took off my goggles as I watched Austin dive. I looked up and saw the most elegant and beautiful sight I'd seen all day. Austin's whole torso as he arched his back to dive in. Our eyes locked on each other as he gave me a wink just before he touched the water. I shielded my eyes from the splash he created as he dove in. I got out of the water keeping my eyes on Austin as he swam faster and faster as the rest of the guys were eyeing the girls as they swam.

I reached his end of the pool and waited for him to finish. When he did coach blew the whistle and everyone froze. "Alright out the pool, time for your recorded time," he said before he gave out everyone's time speed. Austin was faster than me. "Well I guess you win farm boy," I said as I extended my hand out for him to grab and get out of the water. He smiled at me warningly and grabbed my hand "I win" After we swam a couple more times it was finally time to get dry and undress which meant we had to shower as well. I won't lie. I did try and go into the same shower block as Austin just to tease him but, of course, his face turned red and he pushed me away the minute I tried to do so. It was very entertaining.

When we were done we started walking back to class "How did your wounds heal so quickly?" I asked Austin as he walked beside me. "I get small scraps and scratches a lot while I work on the farm so I guess my immune system is super used to healing all the time it's like, really good at it," he said smiling holding his hand up and showing a thumbs up. "I don't think that's how it works but, you may have a good point" I replied as we saw Emma running towards us. "Austin, Issac!" she yelled as she extended her arms towards me and lifted her feet off the ground. I caught her and held her by her waist lifting her a little as I span her around. She held a string grip on me as I set her down. 

She greeted Austin with the same excitement although he did not return the gesture I had done to her. "I want to introduce you to one of my closest friends, her name is Iris" A girl with dark raven hair appeared from behind her She extended her hand to Austin shaking it as she greeted "Hi, I'm Iris nice to meet you" she smiled brightly at him as she turned to me with the same facial expression. "Hi I'm Issac, pleasure to meet you" I shook her hand as she repeated her greeting. Emma went on talking with Iris about whatever they were talking about as we walked to class. I glanced at Austin and smiled at him as he returned the same smile.