Chapter Eight

Austin's POV

We were at the airport, saying goodbye to Issac and his parents "Do you have to go, you can stay here with us and your parents can go right?" I asked as we were just by the boarding gates. "I'll be back in a few years" I sighed as I looked around at everyone else, our parents were talking and saying goodbye as well, we were a bit far apart from them. Some of the people were foreign as they entered the gate and came into the country and some came out as well. "You'll be fine, I'll be back soon" I looked at him as he simply smiled at me, I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tight. He hugged me back as we stayed like that for a while, I refused to let him go.

"You're going to miss me that much?" I nodded my head as I held him tighter and buried my face in his neck "I'm going to miss you" We both let go of one another, I stared at him as he stared back at me. He grabbed my hand and held it to his cheek "Wait for me" he smiled as I nodded my head, soon after our parents called for Issac to go. I hugged him one more time before he was completely gone, I watched as the plane flew off flying away and I realized he was miles and miles away from me.

I felt my mom pat me on the shoulder as she stood next to me "You alright?" I nodded my head as she took my hand in hers. We left the airport after some time and went back home. I was sad that I couldn't see Issac anymore, I couldn't beat him at running or swimming or just had him around. The next day I went to school as usual and saw Emma and Iris, of course, the teacher announced how Issac wouldn't be joining us anymore, and so on. "You look like you just saw a puppy die right in front of you," Emma said as I shrugged my shoulders walking to the bus.

"Are you upset that you won't see Issac anymore?" I didn't answer "Do you like Issac?" "No way!" I started walking faster away from her "You do don't you!" she yelled as her hand came smashing down on my arm, a bright blush brushed across my face. "I don't like him, I just consider him a really good friend and I'm upset he's gone and I won't see him" We reached the bus stop and I said bye to Emma "I'll see you tomorrow" I hugged her as she left. The bus ride was long and gloomy, big grey clouds formed in the sky and rain slowly fell. I stared outside as the raindrops fell on the window making the window foggy. I blew my hot breath on the window quickly drawing a sad face before it went away.

My eyes were beginning to tear up, I fluttered my eyelids as tears began to fall "How utterly sad" I mumbled to myself. The rain stopped and I reached the farm to see my dad working in the fields "Hey kiddo you're back from school" I smiled and waved at my dad "Yeah I'm back and really tired" he made his way over to me and patted me on the back "I can imagine, go greet your mom and get some rest" I nodded my head as I walked to the house and opened the door "I'm home!" I yelled as mom was in the kitchen making food and Erica was playing on the ground with baby toys.

She had spit coming out her mouth and a pacifier in her hand as she began smashing her toys together "How was school?" I sighed as I placed my bag down next to the door "Stressful" I said as I opened the door again "Where are you going?" "Just to the barn" I began walking straight to the barn as I saw Dad talking with some of the farm workers, I waved at him and he waved back.

I went over to the giant red and white barn where all our animals lived. I hardly came here, not only was the smell unpleasant at times but, they made a lot of noise. We had three of each animal that lived in barns and a few chickens, hens, and ducks outside, it's a lot of hard work keeping everything together with only a few workers and my parents but, they wanted it that way.

I walked over to the horses and took one of them out, she's a brown horse that's always friendly, when friends and family visit we always let them ride on her back. Usually, I ride without the saddle because I prefer to ride free without it. I got on the horse and rode with her until we reached the top of the hill we had at the back of the house, the hill was steep and filled with pretty flowers of all colors. I jumped off her and sat down on the top of the hill, I could see my dad working in the fields and my mom walking outside with Erica. I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes, I let the wind blow through my hair as well as the grass and flowers that moved rhythmically.

I took in a deep breath and took everything in, Issac was gone and I wouldn't see him anymore. I won't admit if I have feelings for him, it would be wrong if I did we're just friends. I sighed as I lay on the grass and stared at the clouds that were in all different shapes and sizes. I placed my elbow over my face covering my eyes. "I'll wait for you" I whispered to myself hoping Issac would hear me. I grabbed some grass and pulled it out of the ground, I opened my hand and let the grass fly away. I won't admit I have developed feelings for Issac but, I will admit. I miss him.