Chapter Fourteen

Austin's POV

"Ahh-" I groaned as an agonizing pain shot throughout my body, my stomach felt upside down; somewhat toxic as if my body fluids were replaced with acid. I heard the chips of birds that had always sat outside my window every morning, they create nests on the tree outside my window at times but as soon as the eggs hatch they leave the nest up in the tree for nature to destroy it.

"Ah great you're awake" I heard an oh-so-familiar voice speak, I tried to open my eyes to see who had greeted me so early in the damn morning but before I could even try to see my eyes were hit with a scorching pain as the sun's rays had blinded me and prevented me from doing so. "Ugh, too bright I can't see!" I said as I had given up on trying to be awake and face palmed back into my bed "What do you suppose I do? Turn off the sun? No one told you to drink everything"

I had no memory of what happened last night my memory was hazy "Do you even remember last night?" I shook my head trying to remember even the smallest detail of what happened "I just remember going over there and having an argument with Yashiro then I drank a lot; I can't remember how many cups I'd drunk-" "You drank profusely I assume" I looked at Max as he got up from the chair he was sitting on and walked over to me "Here, drink this" he said as he handed me a glass of slightly yellow water "Is this piss?" he nodded his head "The only remedy for a hangover" I clench my hand into a fist and tired to hit Max.

But, in a failed attempt I had only managed to make myself fall over to one side "Hey careful!" Max said as he caught me before I went tumbling down my bed "You're dizzy, aren't you? Just drink this and lay down" I looked up at the glass and took it. Bringing the strange yellow liquid to my lips I titled the glass and began to chug the water "Ahg-" The taste was terrible it had a better sweet taste to it making it strangely satisfying yet putrid at the same time. "Delicious" Max had commented before he waltzed over back to his chair and sat down. I looked around my room to see my clothing scattered across the floor, I noticed there were pillows and blankets as well in a bed-type manner "Did you sleep on the floor?" I asked pointing at the floor of clothes and blankets.

"Yeah, when you were done causing a scene I took you home; you were so wasted I kept asking if you're parents would flip if they saw you like that but you were out cold. The only time you even started making coherent sentences was when I dragged your ass up to your room" "Oh" I said looking down at the bed "You could have just slept with me, the bed is big enough" he shook he's head instantaneously "You were sweating like crazy and moving belligerently, I didn't wanna die sleeping next to you" I nodded my head at he's response, my eyes still fixed on the empty sided bed "You didn't have to do all this, I would of woken up eventually" "No I felt responsible for it" "Responsible?" I questioned confounded as to why he'd take my blame.

"I promised you I'd be by your side but, I wasn't I left you and I apologize for that" I shook my head at him "There's no need for an apology if anything I should apologize for having you go through all this trouble for me" we stayed silent letting the sound of nothing embrace our eardrums. "What was I saying in my sleep?" I asked as Max inhaled deeply before exhaling slowly "You were cursing of course and saying 'I don't have feelings' and 'I don't like him'" Those words were unfamiliar to me until I suddenly remembered what had caused me to say them "Ah shit" I said slapping myself as I had realized what an awful mess I'd created "I remember now" I said my face in my hand as I raised my hand.

"Tell me, what happened before I came and you were so drunk and picking fights with Yashiro?" I looked at him thinking about my answer, I couldn't bring myself to tell him the real reason I didn't want him to think that of me, I didn't even know what to think of me "I guess I just got too drunk and started picking a fight" I said shifting my gaze outside. Max had a confused expression not convinced by my reply but, he knew better than to ask anything further. We sat in silence once again not saying a word to each other "Are you feeling better at least?" I nodded my head "The pain in my head is starting to fade and I'm less dizzy" Max smiled as he heard I was feeling better.

He got up from his chair and walked over to me "Come on you gotta eat something" I looked at him as he extended his arms for me to take, I dubiously grabbed on them as he pulled me from the bed practically yanking me, I got on my feet I felt the dizzy feeling return and pain course through the left side of my head. I hissed at the pain looking down at myself to see clear bruises on my elbow and knee, it was already patched up so I couldn't see how bad the damage was "You fell" Max said as he led me out of my room into the hallway, he took my arm and wrapped it around his neck holding me by my side "Try not to use your right hand, especially the knuckles since it's the most bruised" "How did I bruise my hand?" "You punched Yashiro in the nose"

Damn, I can't even remember doing that. My walk was not correct, I kept stumbling over my own two feet not walking in a straight line "I got you" he said as we took one step at a time down the stairs and into the open living room. "Well well well, look who the cat dragged in" My eyes widened as I jerked my head towards the oh-so-familiar voice I'd known and loved. My mother. She was sitting on the couch her arms folded across her chest shooting me daggers. If looks could kill, I'd get a headshot. My mother sitting on the couch pissed at me didn't scare me, the boy sitting across her with his head turned to me was scaring me, my heart began to race and my breath quickened. "Yashiro"