Chapter Forty Eight

Austin POV:

"How was the trip, honey?" My mom asked as she was washing dishes, "It was okay, nothing amazing; the place was nice; we should go there sometime." I said, slumping down on the couch, my eyes tired, my body drained. No one said anything else after what happened except the lodge giving everyone apology cards that everyone wrote, 'I am sorry, but congratulations, you guys are out, we are happy for you' I appreciate the sentiment, but the thought of what happened made my insides turn. I can't believe he had the nerve to even think about that.

"What did you guys do? Give me details. What girls did you see and meet?" I sighed, feeling my body sink deeper into the couch. I didn't want to say anything that would upset my mother, but I also didn't want to not let her know. "We swam in a waterfall and ate a lot of food. I met Max's new girlfriend and Yashiro's too, I guess," she hummed, listening to me. "And what about Issac?" I looked away, no eye contact. "He had a good time." "Oh, I hear he is going to Harvard. I hope he made the decision himself, you know It's only once in a lifetime you go to lvy League school. I hope his parents weren't hard on him for that." I doubt he made any decision to go.

I felt my phone buzz a few times before taking it out of my pocket. I opened it to see a bunch of messages, all confusing, and a linked video. Without thinking twice, I clicked on the video to see exactly what happened at the lodge, recorded in secret from beginning to end and posted on YouTube. The comments were the worst part, with people saying 'he should be grateful' and 'how disgusting' I jumped up from the couch, lunging to my room, ignoring my mom's calls. I dialed Issac's number desperately, hoping he would pick up. He didn't.

I panicked. I grabbed my jacket, readying myself to see him until he called back. "Did you see it?" he asked me first. No, hello, or how are you? "Yes, I did." We were quiet. "I am so sorry." "No, don't be; it wasn't our fault we wanted to come out, and we never decided how to; now we have but, in this way and if people view us like that, then they do." "Issac, what about your application? Won't this affect it?" "They already accepted me. I'm packing as we speak. I'm sorry to leave you like this with all this mess. All you have been doing is cleaning up my mess." "Don't say that I'm coming over right now." "Don't, my parents they saw it, they won't let you in the house."

I didn't have much to do; I didn't know what to say. I cursed myself for feeling like this, not knowing what to do and always doing nothing. "Issac" was quiet. "We will see each other" "Soon." "Not soon, now. I want to see you now." "Austin," "No Isaac, I am coming over; I don't care," I hung up on him, placing my phone in my pocket. I dashed downstairs to the front door. "Wait just a moment," I heard my dad say. I slowly turned my body standing in the living room. "Can we talk later? I need to do something, then I will be back." "Not so fast, son, we need to talk." Not now, not when I need to be with him.

I walked towards them feeling slumped and defeated. There was nothing I could say or do that would get me out of this situation. The atmosphere was tense; you could cut it with a knife. I didn't want to be here. "We saw the video." I was quiet. "Is it true that you and that Mellow kid are dating?" I looked away ashamed and nodded. "You know what that means? That is on the internet, that everyone has seen it; us, his parents, your school, everyone, Austin?" His voice was raised. Clear evidence of anger. "I know," I said almost a whisper. "Austin, you aren't in trouble; we just want to understand."

I looked at my mom, she held a sad expression; I couldn't tell if it was one of pity or disappointment. "We want to know how this happened and why he would do that." "I don't know why he would do that. I told Issac I wanted to come out, but I didn't know how to. I just really wanted to let everyone know, but there was nothing I could do because he wasn't comfortable. Only a few people knew because they caught on, and I told Max because it was easier mom knows too, but I didn't expect him to do this. He has been bothering us for the longest time, hurting Issac, and I don't-." I couldn't help but cry every time there was conflict.

There was silence in the room. No one said anything. I stared at the ground at my feet twiddly with my thumbs, not knowing what else to say. "I am happy you had a plan to tell us, son. What I'm not happy with is this Japanese fellow who did this to embarrass our name, our farm name, and has humiliated our son. So how about instead of you going to them alone and then biting your head off, let us come with and bite their head off on their 'sons' behavior?" "Please I was only thinking Issac I didn't mean-" "We know, and we thought that might happen. Isaac and you are close, and the possibility of this happening was there; we just didn't think it would happen now, so let us handle it clearly, this committing some sort of crime I think."

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my parents get themselves ready to go over to them. I knew I had to come along, but I also knew they would be less likely to let me in if I went with them so I'd have to come up with something to see him.