Chapter Thirty

Austin's pov

Monday came and no words could describe how awkward it felt to be around Issac. The entire scene of what happened kept playing in my brain every time I saw him, Iris didn't seem that bothered at all I'm starting to think she liked it more than she led on she had a mischievous grin every time we spoke about it or she saw Issac. If it wasn't enough for the super uncomfortable atmosphere between them two it was half of the school coming to me congratulating me on popping my cherry which is absolutely rubbish, Iris must have told her friends, and knowing the girls they told everyone.

"Hey, you alright?" Iris brushed her hand over my head pulling my hair along with it, her makeup started to show more today as if she were going out I was surprised they hadn't dress-coded her for that "Yeah just tired" she smiled as if she had accomplished something "Oh baby I bet" I smiled at her hoping she'd just leave me be today. But she didn't. I was more worried about Issac if anything I can't imagine how triggered this would make him. "Alright kids please open your textbook to page twenty we'll be looking over the themes of Othello" this lesson would have been better if Issac had here helping me but; instead of him, I had a very distracting iris.

The entire day I hadn't seen Issac it worried me if he had gone home or he was ill or something happened, Iris was with her friends which gave me time to look around for him but all I could find was a very angry-looking Yashiro. It's gonna take a lot of balls from me to approach him and ask, but there aren't a lot of options.

I bit my tongue and walked up to him; I could see the look of utter disgust on his face as I got closer "What do you want?" He said telling the group of boys behind him to give him privacy "Where's Issac?" "Am I some kind of stalker that watches his every move?" "You live with him" "Don't mean shit" I signed feeling the veins in my head talking to this idiot "Look do you know where he is or not?" He shook his head turning back to his friends "Don't know don't care"

I ran a hand through my hair, there was nowhere else he could be the school was closing for the day and he would be kicked out "Hey" speak of the devil "looking for me?" All the anxiety and stress suddenly went away when he showed up from behind me; I ruffled his hair before hugging him "Whoa calm down Carson people are gonna look" I couldn't care what everyone around me was thinking or doing at this moment. "Mind if I come over for supper?" I let go of him as we began walking to the parking lot "Why?" "Because I want to spend time with you and talk" "Aren't those things you do with your Iris" I sighed turning the other way "She's acting weird today" "Weird how?"

I didn't wanna tell him something that would stress him out, but I didn't want to leave him in the dark or have him misunderstand the situation "She seemed more confident I think. She had a lot of makeup today and was super chatty" Issac stayed quiet listening. "Were taking my car" I stopped in my tracks "Wait when did you get a car?" Issac tangled his keys to show off "When I didn't wanna get a ride to school with my dad and Shiro anymore" I was in awe his car was a smart BMW. Dealing with everything in my life I forgot how busy and troubling he was I forgot this man had a shit ton of money "Please, I don't want to die" "You're not gonna die, and besides it's only temporary so I'm not a personal urber got it ?" "Yes sir"

The car ride was filled with us singing songs we liked and having casual conversations how it used to be but, the way he looked at me was far different or the way he would smack my thigh, my gaze was no different the little sparkle in his eyes reflected off mine. In a sense he looked happier as if a warm fire was lit in his heart not to mention he looked less sick and less pale "You need a tan" "You're tanned for me Carson" he said pulling up in the driveway "Avoid the sun any longer and you'll turn into a ghost"

"I'm home!" Issac yelled throwing his keys in the bowl beside the door "Are your folks home?" "Probably not they work till really late and Shiro is out with friends today so you're in luck Carson as always" I looked around his house, it was more and more different than the last time I saw it "You can change into more comfortable clothes if you want" "hold up, we're making sandwiches and doing homework I need your notes of Othello" "Othello? You've got to be joking"

"So he killed his wife and himself out of guilt?" Issac nodded "But that's so stupid" "Do not insult Shakespeare" "I will insult anything I want cause it's rubbish" "You're a writer yourself how is this so painful" "Because-" his eyes were fixed on me his smile was so genuine, a part of me wished he only looked at me like this "I like a happy ending" We wrapped everything up since it was getting late and both our brains were fried "Since you want to eat supper I recommend you help prepare it with me" "No problem with me"

"You're cutting the onions wrong!" "I can't see anything" "Stop crying it's just an onion" I grabbed the knife Issac was holding my blurred vision and inaccurate sense of direction would have one of us killed "Go check on the chicken while I clear this up" I wiped the tears off my face while looking at the dead animal in the oven the kitchen was a somewhat mess but; better than what it looked like if I were cooking with Max. "See this is how you cut onions and everything else you destroyed on the chopping board" Issac sighed at me pushing me with his hip to move over "Gimme that" "Don't grab knives out of people's hands like" Issac grabbed a tomato and began to cut "Oh please you're hopeless in the kitchen" "Shut up I can do it"

I walked behind him looking at the mess "Let me help you here" I slid my arms above his and placed my hands on his, I guided his hands to cut the tomatoes the correct way having him take control in areas "See you're a natural" "What are you talking about you were crying cutting the onions earlier" " My eyes are sensitive okay" I could feel Issac roll his eyes at me from behind "Whatever Carson but; you did cut them perfectly" I smiled "Sure did even my thumb"

The knife was placed against the glass shopping board as Issac turned around aggressively "What? Show me" he said grabbing my hand and inspecting which finger it was. I couldn't help but laugh at him seeing him go nuts the way he thought u were hurt. "Relax I'm joking" The look of concern dropped off Issac's face as she turned back to cutting "You're not funny Carson" I put myself back in position behind him swaying my hips as he followed.

"What are you doing?" "Dancing" "To what it's dead quiet" I didn't say anything instead I carried on turning Issac to face me and humming songs we heard in the car, Issac couldn't deny how cute this was his lips curved in a smile and he grabbed my hands as we danced. This was peaceful feeling his body next to mine swaying in perfect unions, his face inched closer to mine and his eyes were staring. I leaned forward and kissed his lips, he returned the gesture. My hands moved to his neck as he was at my sides. The feeling of his lips never grew old felt as fresh and sweet so familiar; we were in our little world before the smell of smoke entered the room.

"THE CHICKEN!" I yelled out pulling away and grabbing the oven mittens to open "Oh fuck we burnt it" Grabbing the brunt pain and throwing it into the sink I opened the tap to cool it down "Don't drown in it we can save it!" "It died twice" "Don't kill it again" In the end we ate sandwiches again.