Epilogue

It has been a couple of months now since Issac left; I feel his absence, but being around Max and Iris has cheered me up; they visit often and even sleep over. I miss him; I miss our problems for crying out loud, which sounds so stupid, but it was the time we spent together that made it even more painful to remember. Life on the farm has been great; we even got new investors to collaborate with since the Mellows moved elsewhere. I can't help but feel responsible for the downfall, and then again, his parents were extremely toxic.

We only had a few calls and texts; he was busy studying in the big city and doing his dream work, so I was happy for him. I brushed a hand over my head, staring at the fields. It's been days since I left the farm; I haven't gone out much; I barely had a reason. The peace has become so unfamiliar that I find it strange. I read his letter more than I should, I tell myself only at night, but the night turns into morning and the morning turns into midday, and then night comes, and I have already memorized it in my head; I no longer need the words.

In a sense, I don't know what to do without him, but I can't let myself fall into anything. I have to build myself up for when he comes back; that date is still unknown. I crave the feeling that it feels good to see him for the first time in years, like I did before. Just to see him once more would soothe my aching heart. The feeling of grass under my hand became so numb that I decided to get up and make my way back to the house. I could see my mother making muffins, my dad hard at work with the cattle, and my sister, who grows bigger and bigger every day.

I have written countless letters to him in hopes of sending them; I know if I do, his letters will come, so I keep them until he comes back. Wherever he is, I hope to see him again and have him where he should be. Right in my arms.