Chapter Seven

Issac's POV

"Son of a bitch!" Austin yelled quietly as he pulled his hair "Watch your language or else the teacher might hear you" He's been pulling his hair out in class and stressing himself sick from school work and exams, it was our final exam so next year we'll be in high school, and he was beyond nervous and scared that he wouldn't make it he's marks have been dropping lower and lower and that was exceedingly bad. "Is it your sister?" he nodded his head as he sighed heavily "Erica keeps me up at night when she screams and cries and mom isn't really at home since, there's this big thing happening with our family's job and she's always at your house cause dad's way too busy on the farm"

He sighed again as he covered his hand over his eyes in frustration "This last two months with Erica have been stressful and busy, there's not much rest" I watched as he sat there, the color from his face started to run and I could tell he was having a hard time. He's always been a happy-go-lucky type, the type that could make someone happy with just his smile "I hate to bring this up so suddenly but, wasn't your mom pregnant when we first met?" he slowly removed his hands from his face and looked at me, his expression looked like someone who had been through war. "She was, she had a miscarriage" his voice became shaky and his hands began to tremble at every breath he took "At the time I didn't understand what was happening with my mom, she was so disheartened and sad when I asked they just made an excuse. Her health was too poor for her to keep her baby and the baby was too weak to keep living so, she let him go"

He cracked with his final words his voice went higher and his lungs gave in, tears formed in his eyes as he fought them back, before I could do anything the bell rang and he began packing his things for the next class. I packed mine up as quickly as possible as he swiftly packed his away. When he was done I took his hand in mine and we walked out of class "Slow down" he said to me as he squeezed my hand before I stopped in my tracks "Tell me..." he looked down, as children walked passed us as if we weren't even there.

"Why is she at your house all the time, why won't she take me with her?" I froze, I didn't have an answer for him as much as my family kept me up to date with the company I didn't know why she was at my house I had honestly thought she was just visiting but, I couldn't tell Austin that. I need to tell him what might be happening. "My parents are planning something big and haven't told me yet, why your mom is at our house I do not know but, I will ask and tell you as soon as possible okay?"

I squeezed his hand tighter than what he had mine, he raised his head and looked at me directly in the eyes, the tears were gone and his cheeks were painted pink. He nodded his head and began walking as I followed behind him. All day his words were bothering me his worries, his cries, his hardships, I wanted to take it away from him and have him go back to the way he was but, at this rate, I'd be lucky he didn't start shutting me out.

"I'm home," I said as I entered my house, I began looking for my parents "Welcome home Issac, how was school?" Mother greeted me as she took my bag and walked with me up to my room "It was fine but, Mother I have a few questions" "Is it about the company?" we reached my room, and Mother stood by my door as I unpacked my bag listening to her "Yes, I have many questions about what exactly is happening" She sighed softly as she ran a hand through her hair "We got a contract saying that there are big opportunities for us we just have to do something big" I stood by her face to face as she spoke. "What is it?" "It requires a big sacrifice from all of us but, it won't be for long" I was confused by what she was saying, it wasn't making any sense "I know it doesn't make sense but, we're going over to Austin's house soon so don't worry"

She kissed my head and smiled "Get dressed, when your father comes we'll leave" I nodded my head as she closed the door behind her and left. Soon after Father had come home and we were at Austin's house, I had a feeling he was still upset and worried hopefully tonight might make things better. We were all sitting at the dinner table as our parents were talking about business, Austin was sitting right across me, he kept his gaze on me and I stared back at him while his sister was sitting next to him, she looked like the female version of him just a bit more pale.

"Right, everyone I have something important to say" Everyone's attention went directly to my father as he stood up, everyone's eyes had been fixed on him. "As said we have big news and it's that we have been allowed to take our company to the next level in business, not only will we be one of the most well-known and successful food brand companies in California but, in Japan as well!" Oh no, don't tell me...

"We will be moving to Japan!" the room fell silent my eyes widened and Austin's jaw dropped "F-for how long?" Austin had asked as he began cutting his steak with a knife and fork. "We're not sure but, we're going to be gone for a long time years perhaps but, don't worry we will be coming back" Mom held my hand and squeezed it as she joined the conversation. Austin had kept his sadness and anger building up inside of him, I could see it I could feel it from across the table. I smiled at him sweetly as he returned the same expression but, it didn't last long before he frowned. I'll be leaving Austin very soon.