Chapter Twenty Six

Austin's POV:

"Austin honey, I don't think he's coming" I didn't want to think about it I wanted to believe that he was coming. "He's coming Mom, he's probably running late" I heard my mother sigh "Well if he's not here by seven we're closing the gate" I nodded my head staring at the empty road.  My mother left and didn't come back, it was getting later and later. I had no indication he was coming nor did I see him after school he just suddenly turned invisible. I sighed seeing the sun disappear completely turning around I began walking, I'm such an idiot "Carson!" I heard an oh-so-familiar voice call out, I jerked my head around seeing him with two full bags on his back and the other on his shoulder

 "You have so little faith in me," he smiled. I couldn't control the happiness I was feeling when I saw him. I ran over and hugged him. Isaac returned the kind gesture, slightly moving back from the impact. "Oh no, here the crybaby comes." "Hehe, shut up." I pulled away and noticed a bruise on his cheek. "What the hell happened?" I yelled Isaac looked away, shy, not wanting to make eye contact. "We can talk about it later, but, just so you know, I'm going to kill whoever did this to you." "I think you already do," he laughed a little before smiling at me. I helped carry his bags to the house, where we were greeted by my mother, "Issac, so great to see you!" "Hello, auntie, how are you?" "I'm super surprised that you're here and Austin isn't standing for hours outside the farm like a stranger," he laughed before looking over at me. I turned away.

"You'll be staying in my room; the spare room is occupied right now." "I would be happy taking the couch even." "Oh no, that couch is uncomfortable to sleep on; not even Max sleeps on the couch." "Max sleeps over here?" "Yes, pretty often if his house is too busy, you know, with all his siblings and stuff," Isaac nodded before dropping his bags. "I'll set up your bed while you can get changed and shower; the bathroom is on the right," he nodded before he left. I couldn't be more grateful that he was with me. With how things are going in his house, I hope he never returns.

Isaac left a few minutes ago. When he gets back, I should dress his wound and ask how the hell he got it. I packed his things out on the clear side of the table, making his bed extra comfortable. Not long after Isaac came out in a towel, "You forgot my clothes," he said as my hand went to my forehead. "Sorry, I was just making sure you'd be comfortable here; I don't know if you want the bed or the floor so I-" "Anything is fine, I'm already bothering you." "Don't even think of it, I invited you," he smiled at me before making his way to his bag to get dressed. "Oh, I'll just, um yeah." I left the room to give him some privacy. I took this opportunity to walk down the stairs and get ointment to dress his wound. "Hey, sweetie?" I heard Mom call.

"Yeah, what's up?" She looked worried as she wiped her hands on a cloth, making supper. "Is Isaac alright? He looks really bad." I sighed, scratching the back of my head. "He's going through a lot, and I wanted him to get out of the house and even help me study as payment, but I also wanted him out of the house because, um", "No need to explain; I'm so proud of you loving him and caring for him after all these years." "Of course, he's my best friend," my mother smiled. "Glad to hear come down when you're done and eat your sister should be back any minute now." I nodded opening draws to find what I needed.

"Hey, I'm back, just needed stuff to... fix your face," he completely ignored me instead he was reading my books. This would have made me angry, but since that isn't my diary, I let him be. I leaned against the doorframe and watched him flip pages, scanning my work as if he were in it. "It's pretty good, isn't it?" I startled him; he jumped lightly, hurrying to put the book down. "I was, um," I laughed "Don't even bother, you looked like you liked it." Isaac nodded. "Your language structure is bad, and you get too excited, you miss points, and you explain things, but you have passion, and that's exactly what a writer needs, and well, inspiration."

"Dinner is done, so let me fix that pretty face of yours and we can go down." I grabbed the nearest chair and pulled it over for him to sit on as I just sat on the bed. "This might sting a little," I said as I applied the alcohol scrub to it. Hissing was heard from him as he flinched; he had a bruise under his eyes and a cut next to it. "Now, are you going to tell me the fucker that did this to you?"

Issac sighed he looked like he'd rather eat glass than talk about it, but this wasn't something he could keep from me any longer. "My father and Yashiro" my eyes widened, I couldn't believe his father would hit him "What? why?" Issac looked almost panicked; he was forcing himself to speak "I just couldn't take how perfectly they saw him and how my dad would convince me to take on the family job, which I still don't want, and I -ouch." "Sorry, I just had to," he sighed before going on about how bad it's gotten. I wish I had seen this sooner, but I was so caught up in my feelings and other people that I couldn't see it, and the impact was just that he was tired. I didn't realize all the weight on his shoulders.

"Issac, I'm sorry you had to go through all that and believe me, I would take it all away if I could, but I can't right now." Before he could respond, I grabbed his hand tightly, a small blush peaked on his cheeks, and my face reciprocated. "I promise to be there for you and take all this away, and to beat your dad up as well as Yashrio," he laughed a bit. "I'd rather you not; if our relationship is messed up with our parents, jobs would not be as successful." "Ugh, I hate when you're right."

The room was quiet; there was this feeling of emptiness in the room's silence. That's what we needed: silence and peace. Isaac is more than me. "Austin!" My sister barged into the room unannounced, "Issac!" She yelled, running up to him and hugging him. She never showed hate to anyone, no matter the person; one of the things I loved about my sister was, "What happened?" She said, pointing at his bruise, "I fell and got hurt." She pouted at his answer. Isaac gave her a reassuring smile. "I'm fine," he said before letting go of her. "That's good Austin falls all the time, so he's pretty tough." I smacked my hand against my face as Isaac began laughing at what she just admitted: "Erica, is that all?" She smiled, turning to me with an innocent grin. "Supper is ready; Mom said you guys should come down."