Part 40

**Gulf's POV**

Honestly I was surprised that the driver agreed to drive 6 hours but he did. As soon as the house came into view I had a giant urge to tell the driver to turn around and head back but I knew I couldn't do that...

Moon: She comes running out of the house with a big grin on her face. "Gulfiee your finally heree!!"

I begin to laugh as she ploys into my arms with an oomph. Moon is my mom's personal maid that has been working here around the same time Ann was working. They were similar ages so Moon had to be about 55 now but she was energetic as ever and knew how to give one mean bear hug.

Gulf: I hold her tight as my stress slowly starts to go away. "Hi Moon, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to stop by. I plan on staying for 2 days if that's okay."

Moon: She pulls back a tiny bit so she can look me up and down before pinching my cheeks. "That's perfectly fine, I'm just happy you're here. Your mom asked me to bring your stuff up to your room and then bring you to her afterwards."

Gulf: I just look down at my feet feeling nervous again at the mention of her. "Uhm, how is she doing?"

Moon: "Not good, she spends the majority of her days in bed now, her hair has been falling out so we had to shave her head about a week ago, she can only drink her food now and I don't think she has much time, her doctor says that she has maybe a month left..."

Gulf: "W-what's wrong with her exactly?"

Moon: "She was helping me with my painting about a year ago when she collapsed so your father and I took her to the hospital and they found 2 different strands of cancer. She has breast and skin cancer. The doctor said that we found it too late so all they could do is stall it for a little bit."

Gulf: "If you guys knew about it for a year, why didn't anyone tell me until now?"

Moon: "Your mother didn't want you to worry, she said that you had enough on your plate right now and she didn't think you would come even if she asked."

Gulf: "Than what changed her mind now?"

Moon: "I don't actually know the answer to that, all I know is that you have been all she has asked about for the past week. She keeps saying that she has something that she wants to tell you before she goes."

I didn't really know what else to say to her but I knew now that I really wanted to see my mom. I know that she did something very wrong but I'm not heartless. If she would have told me about all of this then I would have come by sooner...

Gulf: I turn around to pull the suitcase out of the trunk and then give her a small sad smile. "I'm ready."

Moon: She takes the suit case from me and then grabs my hand as she pulls me toward the house. "This way."

This took me back to when I was younger, Moon and Ann use to throw me little picnics in the garden when Moon wasn't busy taking care of my mom. She use to grab my hand and pull me through the house so I wouldn't get lost. It was kind of reassuring that she still felt comfortable doing this with me even though I'm an adult now.

I was silent as she showed me the different rooms in the house, it was cute. 

If they weren't royalty I would have said that the place is a little too big for just 3 people but I know that mom likes her space and dad doesn't like being in the same room as mom.

Moon: She points at a room that we just passed by. "That room is your mothers room." Then she walks up to a door 4 doors down and starts to open it. "And this is your room until you decide to leave. I'm going to start unpacking your bags and then go make dinner so I would like you to go talk to her while I'm doing this."