Part 32

**Gulf's POV**

Over the span of the last few weeks my friendship with Gun has crumbled, he was trying to change his position because he didn't want to be anywhere near me but I didn't let him. 

I don't care if it pisses him off, we've been friends our entire lives and I won't let him ignore me forever.

Sure he can take his anger out on me that's fine but I don't want to actually lose him...

Yesterday I had lost my shit because he came in to change my sheets and clean like he always does but he called me Sir for the billionth time this month. 

My entire life I was Gulf to him, he had always refused to call me Sir but now that he was doing it willingly, I was beginning to get pissed off. So yea I kind of went off on him a little bit and then he stormed out.

Mew: He taps the book that I was reading before reassuringly rubbing my back. "Why are you crying?"

Gulf: Feeling slightly confused I press my hand to my cheek only to discover that I was in fact crying. "Huh..."

Mew: "Are you okay?"

Gulf: I whip my face and just give him a small sad smile. "Not really but I'm hanging in there."

He sets his book down and comes over to me on the bed.

You know I'm a little upset I didn't know about this nook sooner, it's so comfortable...

Setting my book down too I crawl onto his chest and kiss his cheek. 

He gives me a small smile but I could see that it was being forced. 

I don't know why but every single day seems to be making him more and more agitated, like something was bothering him but he would never tell me what it is. 

A few days ago he was acting weird.

**Flashback**

Mew had finally gotten another night off so he was able to come and stay the night with me. WE were all bundled up because it was getting a little cold when Mew's phone began to ring.

Mew: He groans against my chest as he turns over and picks it up from my side table before answering. "Hello?" I couldn't hear who it was but he sat up in bed and takes the phone off his ear before looking at me apologetically. "I need to take this real quick ill be right back." Without letting me respond he gets out of bed and pulls a pair of pants on before leaving my room.

What the hell was that about?

Maybe it's work related?

No he wouldn't have been so alert if it was work related, he usually lazily replied to anyone else.

Feeling a tiny bit worried I got out of bed and tip toed to my door before slowly pulling it open a smidge so I could hear.

Mew: He was leaning against the wall a few feet down the hall. "I understand Sir... No I'll be there, there's nothing I can say to change your mind either way... That's not my fault, you know that I don't want this... Fine whatever... Yea I got it, I need to go now... bye." Once he hung up I could see that he was pissed, he turned around and punched the wall with his free hand. "FUCK!"

Not wanting him to know I was listening I quickly closed the door and rushed back into bed. Right as I was laying my head back onto the pillow mew walked in and headed straight for the bathroom.

Gulf: "Is everything okay?"

Mew: I could hear the water turning on and off as he walks out heads over to the bed with a sad smile. "Yea everything is fine, there was a mess up on guard duty and they need me to head over as soon as I can." He leans down and kisses my forehead before pulling all of his clothes on. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to stay like I wanted to, ill make it up to you I promise."