Part 30

**Gun's POV**

I could hear water running somewhere and a dim light behind my eyelids. After a few seconds I could feel a wash cloth running over my neck and arms.

Gulf: Softly chuckling at me. "Even if it is just your sweat wiping and wound cleaning I think this is the first time you've ever let me take care of you, even if you have been unconscious for the majority of it."

I went to open my mouth to respond to him for being a smartass but nothing wanted to come out, my throat was sore and every inch of my skin felt like it was on fire.

Some time went by as he continued to wash me off while I laid here with my thoughts.

I could remember everything, my birthday, them coming after me when we got back, the conversation I had with the king where he continuedly called me useless disobedient trash and then him explaining my death sentence.

The only thing that didn't make sense though was how I could be next to Gulf right now.

Wasn't I suppose to be hung the next morning?

Maybe I'm already dead and this is just a cruel figment of my imagination because I'm not ready to leave yet.

Gun: With a sore throat I choked out a painful whisper. "Am I dead?"

Gulf: That earns me another soft but sad chuckle as he pulls my head up and places a pillow under it. It was weird having him take care of me... "I really hope not because if you were than life really would be a cruel bitch."

I wanted to ask him what he meant but I didn't have the energy to have a big conversation right now.

Only small questions, I need to be more awake first.

I miss Off...

Gun: "How is Off doing?.."

Gulf: He stops moving for a second before continuing what he was doing. "He's okay... The guards had gotten him pretty good, he has 7 cracked ribs and a dislocated shoulder but the doctor helped him the best he could and now he's in recovery. It'll be about 3 months before he's completely healed."

Gun: I try to let out a sigh but it was more of a painful gasp of air. At least he's alive... "How bad are my injuries? I remember what happened but I have no idea how it looks or how deep everything is. It's a little hard to open my eyes right now."

Gulf: "There healing surprisingly well for how you've never been through this before. You've got about 16 deep and 4 light gashes on your back. A whole bunch of bruises covering your body. Than the um brand on your chest..."

Gun: "That's a nice little touch your dad added right?"

Gulf: "He went overboard and I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive him for this..."

Gun: "He was just doing his job, these laws have been in place for century's. I'm just surprised that I'm even alive right now, can you help me sit up? I'm tired of laying down." He was awfully quiet as I heard him moving around before looping an arm around my waist and gently pulling me up. As he starts to rest my back against a wall I try to open my eyes again. At first the light made my eyes want to water but then everything began to come into focus and I was able to see that we were in my house. "How many days have I been out?"

Gulf: Now that I could actually see Gulf, it was easy to see that he had lost some weight and his eyes were all red and puffy from crying. Crap... I feel terrible for making him so worried... "You've been asleep for almost 2 days. We didn't think you were going to wake up so soon..."

Oh god, Davika and Faith must have been freaking out so badly...

Gun: A small smile begins to spread across my face as I look up at Gulf's sad face. "Cheer up, you'll probably get a good laugh from Davika beating me up after I heal for giving her a heart attack. It'll be nice to see her face again, when is she supposed to be coming home today?"