Part 10

**Mew's POV**

The training area has been my best friend these past few weeks. Thankfully Off has been training with me day and night to help me distract myself. He thought I was just trying to let off steam after being beaten but that stuff didn't bother me anymore. 

The real reason I've been in here nonstop beating on these stupid punching bags is because I can't get that boy out of my head.

I shouldn't have kissed him.

Who knew I wouldn't be able to get him out of my head now and it was pissing me off. 

I've never thought of anyone this much before and it was making me uncomfortable. The only thing I could resort to was to beat at these bags until my knuckles turn black and blue. 

My back healed a while ago and it felt nice being able to use my full strength again.

Off: He holds a hand up to stop me as I continue to punch the bag that was strapped to his arm. "Okay you need to give me a few minutes. No matter how much padding this thing has I already know that I'm going to have a bruise later. Why are you still so pissed off? It's not like you to hold onto something for so long."

I guess I could tell him some things that are on my mind but not everything.

Mew: I take a step back and start to unstrap the bandages that were wrapped around my hands. "I just don't understand why."

Off: He raised an eyebrow at me as he hands me a water bottle before sitting down on the bench next to us. "Why what?"

Mew: "Why did he take my punishment?"

Off: He rolls his eyes at me. "Are you stupid? That's what's been eating you up inside this entire time? Mew you took the responsibility for something that he did in the first place. He probably did it because he felt guilty and responsible after you decided to play the hero."

He did say something like that but it doesn't make any sense to me.

Mew: "But I'm just his guard, my life isn't anything compared to his. He shouldn't have those marks on him to begin with."

Off: "He doesn't see anyone in this castle as someone that's just a status. Have you ever seen him be rude or unfriendly to anyone because of what they do for a living? No right? That's because in his eyes we are all equal and that right there is something very hard to find. From his perspective a friend stepped up and took the blame for something he was responsible for."

Mew: Were not friends though, I don't have friends except you. "But..."

Off: "Shh. Just listen to me so that your mind can stop wandering around like an idiot. Think about it this way, if you decided to break a rule and they were about to punish you and I stepped up and took the blame instead and you had to sit there and watch me getting beat, wouldn't you have done the same thing he did?"

Mew: "Yea but that's different."

Off: He shakes his head and stands up. "There's nothing different about it. Were all human Mew and some of us are kinder than others and if you asked me, I think that Gulf is one of the rare ones. So stop pushing him into a stereotype and actually look at who he is as an individual. You will be surprised with what you find."

I knew that deep down his words made sense but I also knew that if I let go of every thought I have had about Gulf since I have met him based off of his background than I really am an asshole because I can think of many occasions where I have cursed him for who he was. 

I can't even count the amount of times I've called him an ungrateful brat...

I'm really a dick aren't I?...