Part 28

**Gulf's POV**

Sleep was non-existent last night, after I heard what the guards were talking about outside my room I couldn't bring myself to close my eyes.

My best friend was rotting in a cell right now and there was nothing I could do about it.

It wasn't okay...

With a groan I get out of bed and head to the bathroom, I haven't been able to see Off yet and Mew hasn't come back so I don't actually know what's going on.

I'm in the dark right now and it's driving me insane.

Closing my bathroom door I pull off my boxers and turn on the water when I hear a loud pounding at my front door.

Finally!

That must be Mew coming to tell me what the fuck is going on. Not wanting to be completely naked in the hall way I pull a towel out of my closet and wrap it around my waist. 

Maybe he'll want to take a shower with me, I don't really want to be alone right now...

Feeling a tiny bit better I pull open the bathroom door and head for the front door, but as soon as I pulled open the door I felt a wave of guilt.

Davika: Her eyes were rimmed with red probably from crying all night as she looks both ways down the hall before pushing her way into my room. "I'm in a hurry, I need your help with something."

Gulf: Feeling a little uncomfortable I walk to my closet, pull some clothes on as I head back out and sit down across from her on the couch. "No matter how much I want to help you, the sad reality is that I have no power. There's nothing I can do to help you."

Davika: Her hands were trembling as she pulls out an old looking scroll from her pocket and hands it to me

Davika: Her hands were trembling as she pulls out an old looking scroll from her pocket and hands it to me. "There's nothing you can do but theres something I can do. I found this in my great- grandfathers belongings about 3 years ago and kept it just in case. Even though I never actually thought I would need it, I always thought it was a good thing to keep since that part of rule #26 is never mentioned anymore since no one dares to break the rules."

I felt confused as she hands me the scroll that was very brittle.

Gulf: I start to unroll it as it begins to crack a little bit. "How old is this?"

Davika: "At least 80 years now."

Not wanting to waist anymore time I glance down at it and begin to read.

I skipped over all of the rules until I reached #26.

*In accordance to the Royal crest laws, any form of relationship between a servant and higher rank will be hung immediately to show the consequences of their actions of disrespect and ignorance to the crown.*

Okay I already knew this but then Davika points to the tiny writing under it.

*Only exception to the death sentence will be a family member of either participant.*