Doctors

Requested by maddie_mariee1

"Dr Cooper we have a distressed patient in reception, he's becoming a danger to himself and is disturbing other patients" Betty listened through her pager. She put down her clipboard and walked down the corridors, down to the waiting area as she held her hand over her bump.

A boy stood against the wall hitting his head against it, pushing his mother who tried to reach him.
"Ms we will help your son but can you explain to my colleague what you know" Betty spoke calmly as she approached the boy.

"Hi Sam, can you turn around for me?" she asked gently. "We want to help"

As much as she tried to encourage him there was no response, the boy's mother becoming more anxious by the second. "Sam how about we go get you checked out?" she asked, placing her hand on his shoulder. He jumped back pushing her away, Betty losing balance before falling to the floor.

"Dr Cooper!" a nurse spoke running over "I'm- I'm fine just get him to his own room please" she spoke through the searing pain in her back, holding her stomach.

"Dr Cooper I really think it's best if you get checked out" she pressed.

"Just follow my order" Betty argued, the nurse nodding hesitantly before taking the boy away.

She got up carefully and shuffled down the corridor "You're okay, you're okay" she whispered to herself, pushing back the paranoia.

"Dr Jones, I think you should go find Dr Dr Cooper" the same nurse spoke after taking sam to a room.

"I've gotta check my patient's vitals, why what's wrong?" he asked concerned.

"She got pushed by a patient who was upset, she just seemed in pain but she wouldn't get checked out" she explained hurriedly.

"What? Okay Sara can you go to room 23 and check all of this off" he explained quickly, passing over the clipboard. She nodded and hurried away leaving the man to find his pregnant girlfriend. He rushed down the corridor asking anyone he could about her whereabouts, not finding her anywhere.

"Come on Betty where are you" he mumbled to himself, not getting any answer on his pager where he'd contacted her. That's until he saw a blonde ponytail through the window, seeing her sat outside.

"Honey its freezing out here, what are you doing?" he asked gently as he approached her.

"My back hurts, I needed a break" she sniffled. "Sara told me what happened, is the baby okay?" he asked as he wrapped his arms around her.

"I th-think so" she nodded, snuggling into him.

"Let me do an ultrasound, just to make sure our pumpkin is okay" he whispered, rubbing his warm hand over her bump. She nodded allowing him to pick her up, carrying her back inside.

"You should've come to find me, something worse could've happened" he sighed as he reached the maternity ward.

"I was doing my job" she murmured, him laying her down on a bed.

"Whilst putting yourself in danger" he replied bluntly, lifting up her top before squeezing the gel onto her bump. The two stayed silent as he carefully moving the device over her stomach. Sure enough they could hear the steady heartbeat of their baby causing them both to smile.

"I'm sorry for worrying you" she whispered, grabbing his hand. He smiled pressing a kiss to her knuckles.

"I'll always worry about you, but please be careful. I know you love your job but you need to take things slower right now" he spoke with a stern edge.

"I know" she nodded "I might take the day out, that fall really hurt my back"

"I think that's a good idea, I'll come home with Pops and snacks later. I'll take your patients for the day" he nodded, wiping away the gel from her bump.

"I love you, both of you" he breathed out, kissing her bump before kissing all over her face. She giggled pushing him away playfully "We love you too"

As promised Jughead came home that night with an extra large Pop's order, cuddling with his favourite blonde on the sofa whilst massaging her shoulders.

The status of my book right now is a work in progress. I'm writing, editing, rewriting and planning. I want to make this so good and entertaining for you guys as I know a lot of us use reading as an escape. It should be up in a couple months hopefully and I'm really excited to see what happens. I'm not looking for views or votes, I just want to write and make a few people smile:)