When I met you

Some darker badass Betty and Jug. I'm kinda loving this type of oneshot....

It was a late evening at the Serpent bar of the Southside, and the king and queen finally had a night off to themselves. They made the most of their free time, cuddling up in a booth together with the blonde seated on her partner's lap. 

"Mm I love you" Jughead whispered between kisses, his hands on her hips with the cold metal of his rings spreading goosebumps over the girl's skin. She lifted his chin, pressing open-mouthed kisses along his jaw, nipping at this skin as she reached his neck. Neither of them acknowledged that they were still in the bar, still in plain sight for everyone to see. They simply didn't care. 

"I love you too" she murmured, pushing his curls back as her eyes locked with his. Her teeth sank into her bottom lip, almost kissing him before reaching for her drink to take a sip instead. She smirked as she could feel his annoyance rise, the look on his face matching that very assumption. 

"Get a room!" Toni called from the booth beside them, rolling her eyes. Betty wasn't usually one for PDA but when she hadn't spent time with her boyfriend (without it being a serpent duty) in ages, she couldn't care less. So leaning in again, she laughed as Jughead put his middle finger up at his best friend. 

Toni only laughed in return, leaving the couple to continue their rendezvous. No one bothered to interrupt them, especially when it would only infuriate the two. After all, they ran things around here. 

---

"Um, Betty...Jughead. I think you're gonna wanna see this" one of the younger serpents interrupted later into the night, around 10 pm. 

Jughead's eyes narrowed, pausing his conversation with Betty to answer. "What is it?" 

"We found a ghoulie snooping around the trailers, mostly yours and Toni's. Hog eye got him and he's in the basement" he explained quickly. Betty looked at Jughead, nodding at him as if she was permitting to leave their conversation for now. 

"Lead the way" Jughead sighed, getting up from the booth. Betty got out too, putting her serpent jacket back on as they marched down the wooden stairs to the old cellar. Right in the middle of the room sat a middle-aged man in a ghoulie jacket, his hair short and unruly with a stubbled beard. His hands were tied in ropes behind his back, linking to the chair. An angry red mark already scarred his forehead, something that Jughead assumed was from Hog Eye. 

The raven-haired man cracked his knuckles, getting ready to get every tiny detail of his enemy. "Let's get this over with then...." 

"Marcus" the man finished, gritting his yellowish teeth together. 

"...Marcus. What exactly were you doing hanging around my trailer park? I thought I made it extremely clear that none of you are welcome here" he snarled, crouching down. 

"Malachi sent me here" Marcus explained vaguely with a shrug. 

"Anything else?" Jughead questioned with a raised brow. When it was clear the ghoulie had no plans to answer, the serpent threw a punch straight into his jaw. His rings slashed up the skin, causing the man to yelp in pain. Betty jumped slightly- but made no move to stop him. 

"This is only gonna get worse for you" he warned, his fist colliding with his nose next. Jughead only grew more frustrated with each punch, trying to force it out of the man. 

"Okay, okay Juggie. Leave it to me" Betty whispered, pulling him away from the man. She cupped his cheeks and gave him a quick kiss before making him stand back. Betty's methods were always a little different, but hell did she know what she was doing.