Reputation Pt3

I finally wrote this, sorry for the long wait❤❤❤ Leave some suggestions, for some reason I've had a burst of inspiration

"Can you get through?" Jughead asked quietly as he stood in front of the back gate of the sisters. "Yeah, just follow after me. We can get in through the back" Betty nodded, taking her bobby pin out ready as she slid through the gate. He followed after her, carefully making their way round to the back of the building. They had been planning for over a week, trying to figure out a way to get their daughter back and taking into account all the risks. They were just two young parents scared for their child's safety. 

They reached the maroon double doors bolted shut, Betty crouching down and starting to pick the 3 secured locks as Jughead stayed on lookout. "Betty hurry" he urged, looking around frantically for even a glimpse of a nun. 

"I'm trying Jug, you've gotta give me time" she hissed, obviously not meaning to snap at him but both parents were freaking out internally. She grinned when she got the padlock off, throwing it to the ground and slowly opening the door, creeping inside. 

She felt something touch her hand, jumping and squealing quietly. "It's just me" he whispered, taking her hand in his and interlacing their fingers. She breathed a sigh of relief and looked down at their intertwined hands, giving him a smile of appreciation before moving forward into the damp dismal corridors. 

"I think its ordered alphabetically" Jughead whispered, seeing the surnames start at A. Betty nodded and made her way towards the J section. They walked past each room, seeing different plaques with surnames on, none of which had Jones printed on it. 

"No, no no where is she" Betty panicked, walking back up and down to double check they hadn't missed a name. "Wait...Cooper" Jughead whispered "Betty its Cooper, they wouldn't know you gave her the name Jones" he spoke frantically, running back towards C. Her glassy eyes widened, running after him to reach her daughter. 

"Cooper" he breathed out, Betty kneeling down and picking the lock desperately. The door flung open and there revealed a baby, their baby, dressed in a pale blue onesie. She had little to no hair but it was dark just like Jughead's, deep blue eyes that opened when the door had. Her face scrunched up but before she could start crying Betty jumped into action, picking her up and rocking her. 

"Sshhh, it's okay Jules. Mummy's here, it's going to be okay" she whispered, kissing her head as tears streamed down her face and dropped onto her baby's clothes. Jughead however stood frozen in the doorway, tears building up in his eyes as he gazed upon his daughter. With all the planning and stress he hadn't had time to think about this very moment, or give himself a chance to process that he was a dad. 

"Juggie, come meet her" Betty whispered, looking over at him with a smile of joy through her still prominent tears. He slowly walked over, Betty passing her over into his shaking hands. 

"Relax Jug, just hold her close" she assured him as he looked like he was afraid to break the baby. He nodded and cradled Juliet in his arms, the girl gazing up at him with her big blue orbs. A large smile grew on his face, finally allowing his tears to fall as he pressed a soft kiss to her head. Betty leant her head on Jughead's bicep as they both glued their eyes to the face of their daughter. 

"She's beautiful" Betty whispered, tickling her foot making the girl kick her legs. He chuckled and rocked her slowly "She really is" he agreed and in just a few moments nothing else mattered. They forgot they were in the sisters, forgot their relationship was unknown, forgot the pain and heartache they'd been through because it was all worth it if it meant they got to stand there holding their baby girl close. 

All of a sudden a deafening alarm sounded throughout the building, making both parents jump and Juliet break into tears. "They know" Betty panicked, Jughead trying to calm both girls. "We have to run, just run. I'll distract them" he spoke, passing Juliet over to Betty. She hesitated for a minute but nodded at him, pressing a kiss to his cheek before running with their daughter. 

Jughead walked out of the room and saw a herd of nuns marching towards the direction Betty went in. "Oi! Over here!" he shouted making their heads turn and glare at him. He started running knowing he'd distracted them, dashing through the corridors turning every sharp corner and going round the building in circles to confuse them. He finally reached the back entrance that they had previously broken into, sneaking out with the nuns right behind him. 

He couldn't stop now, he couldn't give up no matter how exhausted he was. He ran out of the gates and pushed them closed "Burn in hell" he scowled at the group before turning away, leaving the nuns shouting at him behind.

A buzz came from his pocket with a message from Betty 'We're in the car, come quickly xx' and with a glance to the words, he started to trek along to Betty's car to be reunited with his daughter. He walked through the woodlands, coming into the clearing they had discovered where he found Betty sat in the passenger seat cradling their daughter. He smiled and ran towards them, climbing into the driver's seat. 

"We should get away from here, they'll be after us" Betty spoke softly as she watched Juliet begin to fall back into a peaceful slumber. "We finally got her back Betts" he whispered, kissing Juliet's head before kissing Betty's cheek. The teenagers drove home with Juliet strapped into the car seat they had brought, staying in complete silence though they were both aching to say something. 

Betty sat on the sofa of Jughead's trailer, breastfeeding her baby as Jughead set up a corner in his room to put the crib for now. FP had been so supportive of them and insisted Betty stay with them until they found their own place. Once she finished, the blonde pulled her top back up and kissed her head, patting her back lightly. 

"Could you get her down for a nap Jug? I need to take a shower" she sighed. He turned around and nodded, taking Juliet into his arms and walking to his bedroom. The hot water ran down Betty's back, bringing her warmth and a sense of peace as she washed her body. It gave her just a few minutes to herself, away from reality and away from the responsibility. 

When she stepped out of the shower she changed into some comfy pink pyjamas and brushed through her hair, folding up the towel before walking to Jughead's room. Her heart warmed at the sight of him rocking their daughter, her patting his cheek with her tiny hands. "Hey" she whispered, sitting down next to him. "Hey, she wouldn't sleep" he chuckled, waiting for Juliet to eventually rest. Once she did he tucked her up in the crib and dimmed the lights. 

"You were amazing today Jug, you're going to be an incredible dad" Betty smiled as they sat opposite each other cross legged on the bed. He grinned at her and moved closer "You're already amazing, we can do this Betts. I know we can" he assured. "And about us, we can just co-parent if you want to. I'm not expecting anything from you if you don't want this" he assured. 

"Still the same old dork" she giggled "Of course I want it Jug, it broke me to leave you. So stop rambling and let's make up for lost time" she whispered as she leaned in. Their lips met in a passionate kiss, her hands cupping his cheeks as he pulled her onto his lap. "I love you" he whispered, resting his forehead against hers. "I love you too" she smiled, her heart blossoming from her reunion with the man she loved. The pain and heartache was pushed aside by the love they had for each other, a love that no reputation could get in the way of.