Jealous

"Trev that's amazing" Betty smiled as he told her the news of the latest football game. She sat with her notepad recording down the scores and information he gave her. "Thank you so much for this help, the article is going to be so much better now"

"No problem Betty, how are you?" he asked softly as he picked up a fry.

Meanwhile, Jughead sat a few booths along glancing over at the two. He couldn't help but watch, eyeing Trev up to see any signs of this being a date. He had no right to get mad of course, but it still bothered him.

"Sorry Trev, excuse me" Betty sighed, after spending ages seeing Jughead just stare at them. She stood up and walked over to his booth, sitting down opposite him. "Can you stop staring at me like I've murdered someone? What is your problem?"

"I don't know what you're talking about" he mumbled before taking a long sip of his milkshake.

"Oh come on, you're clearly watching us. Quite frankly it's weird Jughead" she scoffed, crossing her arms.

"Just go back to your date" he blurted out in an angry tone. Betty paused for a moment, shaking her head "First of all it's not a date, second why do you care?"

"I still care Betty, it still makes me jealous to see you move on" he shrugged, not meeting her curious eyes.

"Jug you broke up with me, you decided that" she reminded, only receiving a small nod in return.

"This isn't fair Jug. Trev is just a friend, I want to be able to hang out with people without you being like this. It's not fair on either of us" she sighed.

"I know I just....I'm jealous. I'm jealous that you're able to smile and move on with life, you're able to go back to normal. I know I broke it off but it's the worst decision I've made. I'm happy that you're doing well, but I can't do the same" he spoke, mumbling some parts but she managed to understand. Her face dropped, taking his hand in hers.

"No Juggie, I haven't moved on. Okay yes I've got better and I'm not a wreck anymore, but I still think about you. I still want to talk to you every day, I miss having you around. I knew I had to move on because you didn't want us to be together anymore, I had to respect that" she explained.

"I hate myself for it, I wish I never did it Betts. I thought I was doing what was best, we were always arguing or too busy. We barely talked"

"I know and I'm sorry for my part in that but I need you to talk to me properly. What do you want? Because not telling each other ruined us" she asked pleadingly.

"I just want everything to go back to how it was, before it all got too complicated" he explained, fiddling with the paper straw in his chocolate milkshake. Betty nodded knowing how perfect everything seemed to be just a few months ago. 

"I think I need to distance myself Jug, and so do you. We want something but we don't know what it is...and until we know its not healthy to do this" she suggested. His head shot up, eyes widening in fear of losing her again. 

"No, come on" he pleaded, squeezing her hand desperately

"It's not forever, just until we figure this mess out. By ourselves" she whispered, rubbing her thumb over the back of his hand. 

"Betty please, I don't want to figure it out alone. We always do things together, we're better together" he tried to convince. It was as if he could feel her slipping from his clutch all over again, holding on until there was nothing left. 

In one quick move he captured her lips in his, cupping her cheeks. It was a reckless move but being careful never got him anywhere in life, he knew that deep in his core. In a miraculous event, the girl kissed back immediately. It was slow, emotional and purely filled with pain as she held onto him needing to be as close as physically possible. 

Forgetting that they were in a public place, Betty ended up straddled on Jughead's lap, hands in his hair as their bodies pressed up against each other. "Back to mine?" Jughead whispered between kisses, betty only managing a desperate whimper in response. They grabbed each other's hand again and swiftly exited Pop's, Trev taking the opportunity to just finish off Betty's food as well. 

--------------------

Jughead knew that when he kissed his girl, every thought seemed to settle and every doubt seemed to drift away into the abyss. That's how they ended up tangled in his bed sheets, breathing heavy as they recovered from there immense highs. 

"Does that count as make up sex?" he joked, receiving a playful slap on the chest from the blonde. 

"Don't make us sound so basic" she giggled "More like we just missed each other a lot...and have a strong way of showing it"

"Because that definitely sounds better" Jughead spoke sarcastically, laughing as he kissed her head. "I have missed you though, so much. Please figure this out with me, I don't want to lose you again"

"We take things slow okay?" she asked, trailing her fingers over his chest. 

"Oh yeah because this is taking things slow" he smirked, gesturing to them in bed. 

"Jughead be serious for one minute" she whined. 

"Sorry, sorry. Yes we'll go slow" he nodded, tucking her hair back. She smiled peacefully, laying her head on his chest. They were sometimes messy, often reckless but always in love.