Normal

A/N : I'm so excited about this request, I read it and instantly loved it. Thank you so much to princesswriter20 for this idea! Hope you all enjoy, stay safe!💖💖

Betty climbed down the ladder to the bunker, tears in her eyes and a sunken heart. It had been two weeks after Jugheads fake death and she missed him like hell. The pressure of pretending to be with Archie, not being able to hang out with Veronica due to the plan, along with not being able to see her boyfriend was starting to take its toll on her.

"Juggie?" she called out once she reached the bottom, walking through the bunker. There he was, writing on his laptop with a furrowed expression as always. "Hey Betts" he smiled but that smile turned into a frown as he saw her glossed eyes. "Hey, hey what's wrong?" he asked, opening his arms up for her. She rushed over and climbed into his lap, curling up as he wrapped his strong arms around her body. "I don't know if I can keep doing this" she sniffled, a tear running down her pale cheek. "Do what?" he asked, already taking her hair out of its usual ponytail and running a hand through it to soothe her. "Everything. All of the lying, it's breaking me. Everyone's looking at me like I'm some sort of monster because I moved on with Archie so quickly after your 'death'. I can't even talk to my best friend at school because she has to pretend to hate me. I know we're doing this to expose Stonewall prep but it's just so difficult to keep going" she admitted, letting out all of her bottled up emotions. Jughead didn't answer, truth is at that point he had no answer. Usually he could comfort his beautiful blonde instantly but this was breaking him too. He was stuck in a dark bunker wirth no company or entertainment, just him and his old laptop. All he wanted was to go back home and go back to normal but this was their only way to finally get rid of the stonewall students for good. 

After a while of just holding each other, Betty sat up in his lap and looked into his emerald eyes. "I have to go soon" she sniffled. He sighed and pressed his lips against hers softly. "I love you...and I'm sorry we have to do this. It'll all be over soon okay?" he spoke softly. She nodded and cupped his cheeks, kissing him passionately. 

Betty returned to the bunker a few days later alone as usual, ready to see her boyfriend and hopefully spend the night just to get some time alone with him that she craved. What she wasn't expecting was to find Archie and Veronica there with a big TV and the couch covered in blankets. "Guys? What's going on?" she asked, her brows furrowed. "You were so down last time and I didn't know how to fix it...you mentioned that you wanted things to go back to normal and just have your friends back so I thought maybe even just for one night we could all hang out?" Jughead explained, Bettys heart warming at the gesture. "We all need this B, just a night to forget everything and watch some movies" she smiled sadly. "I love it guys...it's perfect" she thanked, hugging each one of them. So the core four sat cuddled up under blankets, stuffing their faces with popcorn as they watched cheesy rom-coms, mysteries, horrors and action films. 

Once Archie and Veronica were asleep Betty turned the film off and snuggled up to Jughead. "Do you feel a little better?" he asked, running his fingers through her blonde locks. "Definitely, this is exactly what I needed. Just some sense of normality" she replied. "It'll all work out Betts" he assured. "Hopefully" she simply added and after that no more was said of the matter. They just had to hope and pray that it would all go to plan and they could soon go back to normal...well at least their version of normal.