Positive test 2

After a long shower Jughead stepped out and wrapped the towel around his waist, about to walk out when his eye caught something. There was a pregnancy test in the bin, the same test that revealed he was a dad. He knew Betty was safe at Veronica's and he regretted how he acted. The truth was he did want kids, but he believed he shouldn't have them. A child did not deserve a messed up dad, that's what he believed he would be. Just like his own father. He was too ashamed to tell Betty that, to admit his fear of being a bad father. He wanted nothing more than a mini version of them running around, maybe with Betty's blonde locks or her beautiful emerald eyes. It sounded like the perfect dream to him. He stared at the test for a while, feeling completely empty. He'd only just become a dad and had already messed up, what a surprise. 

Betty woke up in Veronica's bedroom with a tear stained face and a pounding headache. She had at least gotten a few hours sleep, though the tears ran for most of the night. "Morning B" Veronica smiled, walking in with a cooked breakfast presented on a ceramic tray. She sat down on the bed and put the tray down. "How are you feeling?"

"Like crap" Betty sighed, placing a hand on her stomach and rubbing softly. "Has he tried to call you?" she asked. "Not even once. Not even a quick text, he's completely cut me off" Betty shook her head. Veronica hated watching her best friend in so much pain, knowing it was also bad for the baby. "You're welcome to stay as long as you want, Archie's on his business trip anyway" Veronica assured. "Thanks V" Betty nodded, giving her a weak smile. There was a knock at the door, Betty jumping up. "What if its him?"

"Don't worry I'll go check, eat your breakfast" Veronica spoke, walking down her spiral staircase to the grand double doors. "Hey Jug" she sighed, seeing him stood on the doorstep with a pale tired face. 

"Can I see her? I just want to talk to her" he pleaded. She nodded and opened the door to let him through. "B! Can you come down here for a minute?" she called out, the blonde soon appearing at the top of the stairs. She saw him and sighed, walking down the stairs and towards the two. "I'll give you some time alone" Veronica smiled, the sound of her heels against the tiles echoing as she walked away. 

"Betty I'm so sorry, you don't have to say anything I just want to explain myself" he said. "Can we sit down?" she asked nervously. He nodded and followed her to the indigo leather sofa, sitting down shakily. "I didn't mean for any of the things I said to come out like that, I was just shocked and didn't think about what I was saying" he started. 

"Yeah well it damn hurt" she mumbled, a hand resting gently on her stomach as she looked down at her feet. "I know and its been tearing me apart that I hurt you but Betty it's not that I don't want a baby with you" he sighed, not being able to meet her eyes. 

"Well what is it then? You need to tell me if this is going to work" she pleaded, her hand cupping his cheek and turning his face to look at her. "I'm scared. I don't know anything about taking care of a child and I don't want to be useless like my dad. I just want to do things right" he admitted. Her face softened and she hooked her arms round his neck as his arms wrapped around her waist, hugging tightly. "You're not useless Juggie, I'm clueless about this too but that doesn't matter. We're not suppose to automatically be experts" she soothed, running her fingers through his raven locks. 

"I just shouldn't have reacted the way I did, if I'd just have talked to you" he sighed, relaxed by her fingers in his hair. "I forgive you Jug, I know you didn't mean it" she nodded. He smiled and pulled her onto his lap, his shaky hand going to her stomach. "How far along are you?" he asked quietly, her not having a noticeable bump yet. "I'm not sure yet, I wanted to wait until I told you so we could go together" she smiled. He grinned and kissed her softly before he pressed a soft kiss to her stomach, melting her heart. "I love you, both of you" he mumbled, peppering kisses all over Betty's face. She giggled and pecked his lips "We love you too" just thinking about the fact that he did want this baby. He wanted to start a family with her and she couldn't be any happier. They couldn't be any happier.