Nightmare

Requested by naomi12345678901 ❤❤

Jughead rubbed his eyes tiredly as they opened slightly, registering the sound of cries coming from down the hall. He stumbled out of bed seeing his wife was still asleep, quietly exiting the room and trudging down the small hallway. He opened his daughters bedroom door, the room bright yellow with her nightlight enabling him to see the small girl shivering in bed. 

"What's wrong Jules?" he asked, the thickness in his voice evident from sleep. He sat down on her small bed lined with a butterfly duvet set, placing her onto his lap. She curled up tucking her head into his chest as she let out quiet cries, her small hands gripping around him. 

"Sshhh it's okay, you're safe" he hushed, rocking her gently. "What happened honey?"

"Nightmware, scawwy monster" she whimpered pointing over at her wardrobe door. Jughead sighed knowing there was no way she'd sleep tonight if he didn't do something. 

"Okay petal can you be really brave for me and sit in bed alone? I'll get rid of the bad monster you just have to stay here" he asked, running his hand over her brunette locks. She nodded hesitantly, rubbing her eyes with her hands in fists. He kissed her head and placed her back down on the bed, walking into her wardrobe.

"Daddy? Monster gone?" she called out after a few minutes, well in her mind though it had been a few seconds. Jughead opened the doors and walked out, putting on some big act.

"He's all gone sweetie, I got rid of him" he smiled. She squealed and clapped her hands, giggling when he picked her up.

"Now why don't you get some sleep and go back to that magical world of yours. All monsters are banned from dream land" he suggested, tapping her nose. She giggled grabbing onto his finger but was still apprehensive.

"Stay with mummy and you?" she asked quietly with a pout. There was one thing for sure, she had her parents wrapped around her little finger. He couldn't resist her pleading look, nodding in agreement before carrying her to their bedroom.

"You've gotta be quiet petal, mummy's asleep" he whispered. She nodded and scrambled into bed, Jughead climbing in after her before wrapping his arms around his two favourite girls.

"Jug?" Betty whispered roughly, waking up from her slumber.

"Go back to sleep Betts, Jules had a nightmare. She's sleeping here tonight" he replied, kissing both their heads.

Betty smiled wrapping her arms around her little girl who had already drifted off to sleep.

"She's so precious when she's asleep" the blonde whispered, brushing her daughter's hair back with her fingertips.

"And quiet" Jughead joked with a chuckle. "We did good with her, didn't we?"

"We did, she's everything we wanted and more"